Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Satellite Receivers, DVRs & Cable Boxes (http://www.avrev.com/forum/satellite-receivers-dvrs-cable-boxes-58/)
-   -   Time Warner cold calls (http://www.avrev.com/forum/satellite-receivers-dvrs-cable-boxes/910-time-warner-cold-calls.html)

JerryDelColliano 10-19-2007 04:55 PM

Time Warner cold calls

I get my high speed cable Internet service from Time Warner. Both my wife and I use it for work and where we live (way up in the hills in LA) its a needed tool more than a luxury. In fact we pay $65 per month for "professional" service whatever that means. I think it means its down less - which is FINE by me. Just keep it fast and up all the time.

Where I object is when they call up my wife and try to get her to switch to their cable TV system.

YES - I am mad at DirecTV - who's serice has been TERRIBLE of late but switching from DirecTV to digital cable would cost me $1,000's in hardware and programing. With that said - having a buligerant saleman calling my house who wouldn't know a Crestron from the Cookie Monster is downright ignorant. Somebody needs to teach these people to EARN THE CLOSE. I think my wife did that when she hung up on him yesterday

kennyt 10-19-2007 05:45 PM

Re: Time Warner cold calls

'Just keep it fast and up all the time.'

Jerry, we have drugs to do this now.....

I hear your pain, I use Cable for everything as living in Florida, sat is problematic, and FIOS hasn't fuly integrated the area yet. Good for the wife for dissing them.... Keep her around! FWIW Today is my 5th annniversary, and absolutely no regrets!

Going to the Ritz Carlton Naples Beach Resort tomorrow for it....

JerryDelColliano 10-19-2007 05:48 PM

I bet she is getting something bright and shiny for putting up with you and your antics.

Silver Supra 10-19-2007 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano (Post 4614)
I bet she is getting something bright and shiny for putting up with you and your antics.

Or maybe flesh colored and flaccid? :)

kennyt 10-20-2007 05:31 AM

Jerry,

She did, white gold and blue topaz, modern and funky cool necklace, price? Far more than something like that should cost, but it is super cool!

Jim,

Come on, they make pills for that now!

In the words of Denny Crane "I'm pitching a fly rod in my waders!"

angel35 10-31-2007 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano (Post 4608)
I get my high speed cable Internet service from Time Warner. Both my wife and I use it for work and where we live (way up in the hills in LA) its a needed tool more than a luxury. In fact we pay $65 per month for "professional" service whatever that means. I think it means its down less - which is FINE by me. Just keep it fast and up all the time.

Where I object is when they call up my wife and try to get her to switch to their cable TV system.

YES - I am mad at DirecTV - who's serice has been TERRIBLE of late but switching from DirecTV to digital cable would cost me $1,000's in hardware and programing. With that said - having a buligerant saleman calling my house who wouldn't know a Crestron from the Cookie Monster is downright ignorant. Somebody needs to teach these people to EARN THE CLOSE. I think my wife did that when she hung up on him yesterday

Right on