Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Satellite Receivers, DVRs & Cable Boxes

Satellite Receivers, DVRs & Cable Boxes Having firmware issues with your DVR? Does your TiVo always miss the last few minutes of the game? Does your MPEG-4 cable box have issues? Discuss here.

Old 09-28-2007   #1

Default Dish Network Vip722 - what to do if audio drops out

I just installed my ViP722 from Dish Network and out of the box, it would not output audio from the HDMI cable. The quick fix to this is to hold the power button down for ten seconds. It will reset itself and when the DVR boots back up, it should play audio.

I tried a bunch of different things before doing the hard reset like unplugging the tos link cable that went into my reciever (the HDMI audio is strictly so I can have digital audio on my TV since my reveiver is HDMI 1.1 and wont pass audio through it).

Hopefully this post saves people some major grief and alot of time on the phone with Dish Network.
wazzzup is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio, codes, digital, dish, drop, drops, fixing, hd, hdmi, ir, network, pass, sound, version, vip722