Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Satellite Receivers, DVRs & Cable Boxes

Satellite Receivers, DVRs & Cable Boxes Having firmware issues with your DVR? Does your TiVo always miss the last few minutes of the game? Does your MPEG-4 cable box have issues? Discuss here.

Old 07-02-2013   #1
avjon

Default TV Sattelite Dish - worn out?

Is it even possible? I have used the same sattelite dish for about 13 years. Recently I have had problems with signal - no sound or vision on TV, or both. I have tried calling my digital TV provider and they don't see any problems on their site. Could it really be, I have to change the dish or can it be something else which disrupts my TV?
Old 07-02-2013   #2
Administrator

Default Re: TV Sattelite Dish - worn out?

It can be possible that the LNBs on the dish are going out. Also wind and other things can change the aiming.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013   #3
avjon

I've tried to change the aiming more than once, so I don't think this is it - I mean at first it is fine and then there are problems again... So maybe yeah, the LBNs. Seems there is no other way, I have to buy a new one : )
Thanks, rbinck!
Old 07-22-2013   #4
avjon

Actually, let me say, it is embarassing but what was the problem were the trees They needed cutting and now all works perfectly!
Sponsored Links

Tags
dish, sattelite, sattelite dish, sound, television set, trouble