Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Satellite Receivers, DVRs & Cable Boxes

Satellite Receivers, DVRs & Cable Boxes Having firmware issues with your DVR? Does your TiVo always miss the last few minutes of the game? Does your MPEG-4 cable box have issues? Discuss here.

Old 04-11-2011   #1

Default Direct TV after market HD receivers

Sounds like alot of unhappy folks out there re Direct TV, ... I hear ya, but I'm stuck with 'em for now. I have a question for you though,.... we currently have 1 dish & 2 receivers and have been a customer since 2000. We now want to upgrade our service as we now have HD tv's here.

I know they will have to come out and replace our dish, and we'll need new receivers, but was wondering if we are stuck buying them from Direct TV only. Are there any "after market" receivers that will work with Direct TV?

Also, I've seen in this forum that there is a significant difference in the quality of the picture when comparing the regular HD receiver to the DVR. Has that issue been resolved or is one better?

Thanks / Mick
sdh2oman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011   #2
Administrator

Default Re: Direct TV after market HD receivers

You are stuck with Directv.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
aftermarket, direct, directv, dishes, dvr, install, market, receiver, receivers, recievers, replacement, satellite, tv, video, works