Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Satellite Receivers, DVRs & Cable Boxes

Satellite Receivers, DVRs & Cable Boxes Having firmware issues with your DVR? Does your TiVo always miss the last few minutes of the game? Does your MPEG-4 cable box have issues? Discuss here.

Old 01-23-2010   #1

Smile Wich ones better

I'm thinking of getting satellite but I'm wondering how it dose during bad weather? Can anyone tell which is better cable or satellite.
texnogeekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010   #2
Administrator

Default Re: Wich ones better

Satellites tend to loose service during very bad cloud cover, so if you live in an area where you get a lot of rain keep that in mind. Cable can have periodic outages as well. I have U-verse and it seems to be up better than either satellite or cable based on my last 2 years service.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010   #3
Banned

Lightbulb Re: Wich ones better

Hello,
Using satellites has its own advantages but in case failures you must have a backup in the form of cables.
jodysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010   #4

Default almost always up

I've had satellite for years and years. I can tell you that only once or twice per year do I have a pause in service due to weather, and the pause is only for a few minutes at the most. There are two times per year for a minute or two that the sun is directly behind the satellite and this, too, will cause a blackout though I've yet to be watching TV when it happens. Hope this helps.
Watermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, cable, satellite, whats