Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Satellite Receivers, DVRs & Cable Boxes

Satellite Receivers, DVRs & Cable Boxes Having firmware issues with your DVR? Does your TiVo always miss the last few minutes of the game? Does your MPEG-4 cable box have issues? Discuss here.

Old 10-05-2009   #1

Default sending digital tv signal through ethernet cable

I'm trying to somehow get tv signal to a TV/computer monitor in an office that doesn't have a coaxial out. I'm imagining sending the signal from the cable box's coax out (set on the desired channel) through our ethernet cables that DO go to the office. I'll be the only one here, so the ethernet line can be dedicated to getting the cable box signal to the office.

Hopefully this is possible. it's really important.....I'm trying to watch baseball. playoffs start wednesday.

I'm somewhat handy with making cables if it requires rigging something up...i just need to know if it's possible.

I know there's a genius out there that can help me watch the playoffs.

Thank You
fairchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #2
Administrator

Default Re: sending digital tv signal through ethernet cable

There are baluns that will allow you to use the A/V outputs (yellow-red-white) but not the RF coax output. See: A/V Distribution Wiring
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #3

Default Re: sending digital tv signal through ethernet cable

Thanks for the reply!

That looks like it would do the trick!

Thanks again!
fairchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, cable, coaxal, computer, digital, ethernet, issues, mixing, power, receivers, send, signal, tv, tvsignal, video