Conceptronic Presents the Media Titan PVR for DVB-T
Conceptronic presents the Media Titan, a wireless 300 Mbps 11n HD media player and hard disk recorder with dual DVB-T tuner inside. With this Media Titan Conceptronic anticipates on the growing market of free to air DVB-T in several countries. The dual digital tuner allows consumers to record a movie or TV program on one channel and watch a different program on another channel at the same time. The media Titan supports movie format up to HD 1080p.
Usability is key
The Media Titan distinguishes itself by a simple design and a unique remote control with scroll wheel and 11 buttons only, to make navigation fast and simple. The Electronic Program Guide (EPG) offers a clear overview of what programs are on or scheduled on different channels. Just scroll over the program you would like to record and it's listed for recording.
The tuner supports time shifting and pausing live TV, which is a convenience solution when you want to skip certain parts of the movie or you need to go to the toilet and you don't want to miss a thing. Just press the button and the program freezes. When you press the button again you can continue the movie where you stopped it.
Besides recording, it plays XviD, WMV9, MPEG 1/2/4, AVI, ISO & VOB movies files, but also 1080p HD movies like H.264 MKV. For photo and music files it supports i.e. BMP, GIFF, JPEG, PNG, MP3, OGG, WAV & WMA (VBR). The content can be played locally from the hard disk or from the network. The Media Titan is DLNA 1.5 compliant and features a UPnP AV client. This means that any user can stream and copy photos, music or movies from a PC or NAS storage device with UPnP AV server over the network; wired or wireless!
The Media Titan offers 3 USB host ports to connect external storage like a USB memory drive or external HDD and playback files directly to the TV. The HDMI connection including HDMI cable provides optimal images inHD quality. The integrated optical SPDIF connector allows you to connect a digital speaker set or home cinema system for full enjoyment of 5.1 Dolby Surround sound.
The Media Titan is especially designed for countries with free to air DVB-T channels. Conceptronic will start selling the Media Titan from end of September (with and without wireless 11n) first in Germany, Spain, Portugal and France. After that, it will be available in more countries.
If optimal usability, playing multiple media files and digital recording is on your short list, experience the enormous possibilities of the Conceptronic Grab'n'GO Media Titan!
Features at a glance:
· Sleek design with stylish remote control with scroll wheel (90% of the navigation can be done by scroll wheel) and only 11 buttons
· Very user friendly graphical user interface
· Record all your favourite TV shows and movies from free-to-air DVB-T channels
· Create your own playlist with movies, songs and photos, so you can see or hear what you have selected yourself
· Plays all popular formats of high definition digital media (movies, photos, music).
· Plays up to 1080p HD movies
· Stream all digital media directly from your PC and other compatible storage devices like the Conceptronic Grab'n'GO NAS products
· High speed USB 2.0 port to connect directly to your computer and 3x USB 2.0 host port to connect additional storage like an external HDD or flash drive
· 10/100Mbps network connection and built-in wireless 300 Mbps 11n network adapter
· TV format: PAL/NTSC
· Built-in dual DVB-T tuner with signal pass-through
· HDMI and Composite video outputs
· Analog and Optical digital audio output (SPDIF)
· 10/100 Mbps ethernet port
· Built in wireless 300 Mbps 11n wireless network adapter with integrated antennas
· Supported formats: H.264 MKV, XviD, WMV9, MOV, M2TS, TS, ISO, MPEG 1/2/4, AVI, SVCD, VCD, BMP, GIFF, JPEG, PNG, MP3, OGG, WAV, WMA, (VBR)
· USB 2.0 port (to connect directly to your computer)
· 3x USB 2.0 host port
· DLNA 1.5 and UPnP AV compliant
· Measurements: 27,5 x 24 x 4,5 cm (WxLxH)
· Compatible with Windows 2000/XP & Vista™
Re: Conceptronic Presents the Media Titan PVR for DVB-T
That sounds like a mean receiver. I wonder how long before it makes it to the States...
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:48 PM.|