Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Satellite Receivers, DVRs & Cable Boxes

Satellite Receivers, DVRs & Cable Boxes Having firmware issues with your DVR? Does your TiVo always miss the last few minutes of the game? Does your MPEG-4 cable box have issues? Discuss here.

Old 06-09-2008   #7

Question Re: Comcast Tests a New Bandwidth Throttle

What's really sad (and Fraud, from my standpoint) is cajoling people to pay another $10 or $20 a month to increase their download bandwidth to speeds (AS HIGH AS) 15 Mbps or 30 Mbps, when in reality, no systems I have tested in a home environment can achieve those speeds - even if everyone else on the internet fell asleep - for hours!

This is simply false advertising, and making excuses only brings home the point that internet providers just want to take our money - while providing between 25-75% of what they guarantee.

I know I would be very upset to constantly by a pound of cold cuts, only to receive 1/2 pound or less regularly.

What about being ripped off for gas? Oh, that's right - it's legal to charge an increasing price for a commodity - as long as someone is willing to pay for it (or has no choice)!

Jeremy

The Kipnis Studios
www.Kipnis-Studios.com

Video Calibration Labs
www.VideoCalibration.com

Epiphany Recordings Ltd.
www.EpiphanyRecordings.com

----------

KSS DL.TV Video Feature (NEW)
http://www.kipnis-studios.com/The_Ki...TV_-_6_08.html
The Kipnis Studios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008   #8

Default Re: Comcast Tests a New Bandwidth Throttle

I agree - many of the promised speeds are NEVER reached.

we need an improvement in technology to get to the next level of bandwidth.
Old 06-10-2008   #9

Default Re: Comcast Tests a New Bandwidth Throttle

Until people complain, or stop purchasing products that they use everyday (like GAS) and hold providers responsible, this will just continue.

Perhaps, if we all stopped buying GAS for a couple of days (as a nation) then the oil companies would have to lower the prices. And with bandwidth, if people pay for it yet don't complain when it isn't even a fraction of what is promised - well?

Jeremy

The Kipnis Studios
www.Kipnis-Studios.com

Video Calibration Labs
www.VideoCalibration.com

Epiphany Recordings Ltd.
www.EpiphanyRecordings.com

----------

KSS DL.TV Video Feature (NEW)
http://www.kipnis-studios.com/The_Ki...TV_-_6_08.html
The Kipnis Studios is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
75, avoid, bandwidth, bittorrent, calibrate, colorado, comcast, download, downloading, grid, hd, hdtv, lcd, power, rate, set, throttle, throttles, video