Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Satellite Receivers, DVRs & Cable Boxes

Satellite Receivers, DVRs & Cable Boxes Having firmware issues with your DVR? Does your TiVo always miss the last few minutes of the game? Does your MPEG-4 cable box have issues? Discuss here.

Old 04-18-2008   #19
rex

Default Re: Comcast Blurs High Def Image...

rlpiii,
So, how are you liking DISH network? A big improvement over DirecTV?
Although I have heard complaints about both companies, so far we are quite satisfied with DISH. We recently switched from cable; and decided to go with DISH due to their superior receiver (722) and the fact that DirecTV doesn't offer local channels in our area. We are using the receiver's built-in homeplug ethernet adapter to connect over the internet for interactive features, PPV, etc. My only complaint is that the Zoom HD movie channels keep repeating content instead of getting new stuff.
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008   #20
rex

Default 5 NYC buroughs get FiOS TV

The only service which does not compress HD content, Verizon FiOS, goes to 5 NYC buroughs. http://newscenter.verizon.com/press-...ation-and.html
FiOS TV will include an all digital channel line-up of more than 400 channels and 150 HD channels by year-end, and a growing library of more than 10,000 video-on-demand selections 70 percent of which are at no additional charge. Verizon's fiber network delivers amazingly sharp pictures and sound, and has the capacity to transmit a wide array of HD programming that is so clear and intense it seems to leap from the TV screen. In addition to FiOS TV, Verizon's fiber network also delivers Internet download speeds of up to 50 Mbps (megabits per second) and upload speeds of up to 20 Mbps, as well as high-quality voice service.

I am jealous! It will be a long time before we see anything like that around here.
Old 04-19-2008   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex View Post
rlpiii,
So, how are you liking DISH network? A big improvement over DirecTV?
Although I have heard complaints about both companies, so far we are quite satisfied with DISH. We recently switched from cable; and decided to go with DISH due to their superior receiver (722) and the fact that DirecTV doesn't offer local channels in our area. We are using the receiver's built-in homeplug ethernet adapter to connect over the internet for interactive features, PPV, etc. My only complaint is that the Zoom HD movie channels keep repeating content instead of getting new stuff.
It has been great so far. No problems with service or receiver functionality. I do like my 622 receivers better than what I had with DirecTV. Internet functionality with them has been easy and problem free.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #22
rex

Default Petition to Comcast, Time Warner

To: Comcast Corporation, Time Warner Inc., Other Cable Providers
We the undersigned, in an effort to motivate the cable companies, hereto attest that the quality of HD we receive is unacceptable. We have observed artifacts, audio and video dropouts, and frequent service interruptions during some of our favorite shows. We have called your "help" desk and received no help. We have reset our boxes, we have waited from 9am to 3pm for service calls, and we have scoured the Internet for solutions - all to no avail. We the undersigned have convinced our spouses that we "needed" a high definition TV just to get "the look" when it breaks up during American Idol. We've had to endure the endless insults and complaints that "this never happened with the old TV."

No more.

Click here to sign the petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/FUCable/petition.html
Old 04-27-2008   #23

I wonder if this petition will move them to do anything at all.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
I wonder if this petition will move them to do anything at all.
Comcast rules the world. At least in their mind, their customer service shows that. That's why they are ranked #1 in customer service (#1 on the *#@! list). It's pretty bad when Directv's customer service beats you out. Comcast has shown time and time again that they just don't care.

I switched to DISH because of Directv's poor customer service and the fact that I can get an HD DVR for free. Directv will give you either/or. I don't know if DISH has better customer service or not, because I haven't had to use it and I've had DISH for a year with no problems and very good reception quality.
J.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
blur, blurring, box, boxes, cable, calibration, cheater, comcast, definition, digital, hd, hdtv, high, image, mp4, picture, player, quality, satellite