Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Satellite Receivers, DVRs & Cable Boxes

Satellite Receivers, DVRs & Cable Boxes Having firmware issues with your DVR? Does your TiVo always miss the last few minutes of the game? Does your MPEG-4 cable box have issues? Discuss here.

Old 04-11-2008   #13

Default Re: Comcast Blurs High Def Image...

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J. View Post
. . . Directv couldn't care less either. Both try to get you back later with tons of mailings but never good customer service or a refund of money or rebates.
I agree about DirecTV. They are driving me crazy with junk mail to get me back. Never again with them. Horrible Horrible Horrible customer service.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #14

Talking Re: Comcast Blurs High Def Image...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpiii View Post
I agree about DirecTV. They are driving me crazy with junk mail to get me back. Never again with them. Horrible Horrible Horrible customer service.
Here's how you handle junk mail. Almost all junk mail has a stamped return envelope. Just take all the junk they sent you, stuff it into this envelope, and mail it back to them. I've been doing this for years. My local phone company once called me to ask me to stop doing this (any junk which comes as part of my utility bills gets included in the envelope use to pay them), I told them that as soon as I ran out of ammo I would be happy to stop. The amount of ammo I get from them each month has dwindled considerably.

Any junk mail you get which includes an envelope for mailing your response should be sent right back to where it came. If enough people do this, we will all see a reduction in junk mail.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
Here's how you handle junk mail. Almost all junk mail has a stamped return envelope. Just take all the junk they sent you, stuff it into this envelope, and mail it back to them. I've been doing this for years. My local phone company once called me to ask me to stop doing this (any junk which comes as part of my utility bills gets included in the envelope use to pay them), I told them that as soon as I ran out of ammo I would be happy to stop. The amount of ammo I get from them each month has dwindled considerably.

Any junk mail you get which includes an envelope for mailing your response should be sent right back to where it came. If enough people do this, we will all see a reduction in junk mail.
I've done that for years, only I add enough folded newspaper that it needs an extra stamp to be paid for by the junk mailer!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008   #16

Pressure to compress HD signal is high.

People want MORE HD over BETTER HD and the cable companies know they are behind the curve with this compared to Dish, Fios and DirecTV.
Old 04-18-2008   #17

Very true.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
. . . My local phone company once called me to ask me to stop doing this (any junk which comes as part of my utility bills gets included in the envelope use to pay them), I told them that as soon as I ran out of ammo I would be happy to stop. The amount of ammo I get from them each month has dwindled considerably. . .

That's funny about the phone company. I need to start doing that.

The problem with the DirecTV junk mail is that it is usually just giant post cards or stupid letters crying for me to come back, wanting me to call their 800 number - no free return mail envelopes.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
blur, blurring, box, boxes, cable, calibration, cheater, comcast, definition, digital, hd, hdtv, high, image, mp4, picture, player, quality, satellite