Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Satellite Receivers, DVRs & Cable Boxes

Satellite Receivers, DVRs & Cable Boxes Having firmware issues with your DVR? Does your TiVo always miss the last few minutes of the game? Does your MPEG-4 cable box have issues? Discuss here.

Old 02-27-2008   #7
rex

Default Re: External USB hard drive for ViP722

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJoe View Post
Yes, Dish still charges a one time $39.99 fee to enable EHD capability for *all* of the capable DVRs on your account. It allows you to use an unlimited number of EHDs on your boxes.
I guess you could always get two or more HD's and then switch them out manually. But that would be a pain! Or maybe use a USB switcher with remote?
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #8

I am wondering if video files not acquired from dish network can be played via the usb ehd, on the 722?any help with this is greatly appreciated.
throttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #9
rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttle View Post
I am wondering if video files not acquired from dish network can be played via the usb ehd, on the 722?any help with this is greatly appreciated.
throttle,
I suspect that files must be stored in the proper format in order to be played back on the 722; so it may be difficult to get other files to work. You may find more information on this forum: http://www.dbstalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107

FYI, some DVD players also have USB ports for playing media files in a variety of standard formats. For example, both oppo models 980 and 983 have such a USB port: http://www.oppodigital.com/dv980h/dv980h_features.asp

Good luck, and please post any further information about this that you find.
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
activation, dish, drive, external, format, hard, harddrive, hardrive, hd, network, shows, size, switch, usb, vip722