Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Satellite Receivers, DVRs & Cable Boxes (http://www.avrev.com/forum/satellite-receivers-dvrs-cable-boxes-58/)
-   -   DirecTV DVR SCHEDULER (http://www.avrev.com/forum/satellite-receivers-dvrs-cable-boxes/1477-directv-dvr-scheduler.html)

TheMoose 01-20-2008 08:38 AM

DirecTV DVR SCHEDULER

DirecTV is rolling out it's DVR scheduler so you can set up recordings on your DVR on the internet or your mobile phone.
As of now I think it's only working with the HR20's but soon it'll work with all DVR's

RECORD SHOWS ANYTIME, ANYWHERE
Tied up at work? Stuck in traffic? Got some downtime while traveling? With DIRECTV's DVR SCHEDULER you no longer need to be at home to program your DIRECTV Plus® DVR. This free and easy-to-use feature will let you schedule recordings from any computer or mobile phone anytime, anywhere, so your shows are ready to watch whenever you are.

Login to www.directv.com and go to directv.com/tvlistings or to m.directv.com on your mobile phone and use your username and password to log in.

I haven't tried it with my mobile phone (because I don't know how to go online with it! :o) but it worked fine with my computer & Ipod Touch.

JerryDelColliano 01-31-2008 09:03 PM

Re: DirecTV DVR SCHEDULER

This is SO OVER DUE.

If I had the time to figure out how to make my HR21's work - I would try to learn this next.

Abandoning TiVo was a HUGE mistake for DirecTV.... The learning curve is too steep with the new machines - even if they were "free"

deacongreg 01-31-2008 09:36 PM

This is really nice. To be able to have that kind of access, is great. Especially if you forgot to record the game.

TheMoose 02-01-2008 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano (Post 10409)
This is SO OVER DUE.

If I had the time to figure out how to make my HR21's work - I would try to learn this next.

Abandoning TiVo was a HUGE mistake for DirecTV.... The learning curve is too steep with the new machines - even if they were "free"

Actually it's simple from the web site, once you get in the guide & click a show it asks you if you want to record the show.
The only thing is you'll need the card number off the machine you want it to record to.

It will send you an email conformation so you know it went through.

rlpiii 02-01-2008 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano (Post 10409)
This is SO OVER DUE.

I also miss the TiVo with DirecTV. I had a TiVo box that I bought outright that had a modem failure after about a year of use. Instead of repairing the bad modem and sending it back, they kept it, and replaced it with a DirecTV DVR (HR21 I think it was) stuck me in a new contract and started billing me for leased equipment. Needless to say I was upset. They then also refused to sell me any more DVRs or replace (even with me offering to buy) my 5+ year old receivers. They also said that 4 receivers (1 DVR and 3 receivers) were all they could "wire-up" in my home. After a long fight with them, I ended up stripping my home of all their junk and changing over to Dish Network. I had DirecTV almost since they started, so it was not like this was an easy decision. In about 5 hours of install time, Dish Network put in 3 HD Receivers, and 3 HD DVRs all running off of one dish. So now I have HD capability throughout the house instead of just in the movie room.

deacongreg 02-10-2008 06:34 PM

Sounds like me you made the right decision. You should not be in bondage to anyone.