Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Room Acoustics & Audio System Setup

Room Acoustics & Audio System Setup No one factor impacts the sound of your system more. Ask questions and share advice on room treatments, room tuning and acoustics here.

Old 06-18-2013   #1
LennartzHT

Question 7.1 System...does this look right?

Greetings and Salutations from Missouri!

I am a new comer to the world of audio home theaters. I am finishing my basement which will boast my very first home theater. I have created a diagram (see attached) and would like to know if the 7.1 surround system speakers are placed correctly.

Thanks!

~LennartzHT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7_1 Home Theater Configuration 2.jpg (140.5 KB, 6 views)
Old 06-19-2013   #2
Administrator

Default Re: 7.1 System...does this look right?

Seems fine to me. The only thing I would consider is the spacing of the front left and right. May be a bit far from the edge of the screen, but assuming they can be easily relocated you can later. I suggest getting some video where a car travels across the screen and see how the sound matches up to the action.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013   #3
LennartzHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbinck View Post
Seems fine to me. The only thing I would consider is the spacing of the front left and right. May be a bit far from the edge of the screen, but assuming they can be easily relocated you can later. I suggest getting some video where a car travels across the screen and see how the sound matches up to the action.
rbink,

Thanks for the idea. What are some good "test" movies you would recommend when tweaking my home theater system?

~LennartzHT
Old 06-19-2013   #4
Administrator

Can't think of any off hand, but when you watch movies just try to pay attention to the sound field vs the action on the screen.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
acoustic, audio, screen, system