Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Room Acoustics & Audio System Setup

Room Acoustics & Audio System Setup No one factor impacts the sound of your system more. Ask questions and share advice on room treatments, room tuning and acoustics here.

Old 09-27-2009   #1

Default New 5.1 build up

Hi everyone, I have a challenge here. I have about $3,500. to build up a 5.1 channel system w/avr. Room size is 24ft x 19ft., has 8ft suspended ceiling. Furnished with leather sectionals. I also have dvr directv, ps3, wii, and ipod. I definitely DO NOT WANT HTIB!!! What do you say guys, want a crack at this? I will post my pics after I choose which system i like, then thank the winner!!!!!
felito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #2

Default Re: New 5.1 build up

I would start with a receiver like the Onkyo TX-SR807 then add Paradigm's new speakers the Se series which can be viewed here - http://www.paradigm.com/en/paradigm/...-2-31.paradigm

A recent blind study was done and these speakers totally won over some costing many times more.
Anthem, Conrad Johnson, Dish Network/JVC, Dynaudio, Infinity, Integra, JL Audio, Klipsch, Magnepan, Marantz, Martin Logan, Onkyo, Oppo, Outlaw Audio, Panasonic, Paradigm, REL, Sumiko, SVSound, and Toshiba are the brands equipment I currently use. I have owned/used and tested equipment made by just about any manufacturer you can name.
Loves2Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #3

I agree with Loves2Watch regarding Onkyo receivers. Pick one that meets your budget after paying for speakers and cabling. I really like the Anthony Gallo speakers in my system. I use the A'Diva Ti as surrounds (currently $213 each at http://www.audiophileliquidator.net) with an in-ceiling mount ($32) that makes them almost disappear, while allowing you to direct the sound. Gallo's center and reference speakers that I use would blow your budget at the audiophileliquidator's price of $941 each, but I heard an all A'Diva Ti system at the dealer where I bought mine that sounded excellent. Match with a subwoofer of your choice, such as SVS and you will have money left over. Alternatively, if you have the space and can stand the appearance, use Magnapan (http://www.magnepan.com/model_MMG) MMG ($600/pair) and MMG-C ($300) for the front speakers and you'll still have money left over.
ragollhofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011   #4

Thumbs up Re: New 5.1 build up

You definitely might wanna check out def techs! The price are reasonable and the quality and sound are top notch for the dollar. Definately check out definitive technology speakers b4 you make any decisions. I guarantee you'll be impressed!
Toesaudio73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013   #5

Taking help of professional home theater installers is the best way to build up a new 5.1 home theater system perfectly for the right balanced audio. Hire only a professional and reputed personal to get it done.

Tags
51, adiio, audiophileliquidatornet, build, building, ceiling, mmg, paradigm, room, setup, speakers, surround, suspended, system, txsr807