Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Room Acoustics & Audio System Setup

Room Acoustics & Audio System Setup No one factor impacts the sound of your system more. Ask questions and share advice on room treatments, room tuning and acoustics here.

Old 07-08-2009   #1

Default newbie - need help setting up room :)

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie to this whole idea of working with audio systems but I just need to ask a question.

A while ago, a couple of my friends bought a small place to set up as a new worship center. The place used to be a bank formerly and it came with the standard announce system that you find in a bank - which is in no way shape or form designed for any singing or anything else aside from announcing people's names. It probbably has just a few regular 40 watt speakers that you would expcet on such a system.

My question: If someone wants to upgrade that announce system into a system which has good sound for singing, what are the factors that one has to consider in terms of doing the upgrade. I am a complete newbie and really have no idea when it comes to anything related to sound...any advice/ input is much apprechiated....

Thanks..
violhence2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009   #2
Administrator

Default Re: newbie - need help setting up room :)

You probably will need an amplifier with a mixer and some new speakers. I would go to a local store that sells musical equipment and inquire there. PA work is quite different than hi-fi audio work.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, audiovideo, components, connecting, fi, guide, pa, room, rooms, set, setting, small, sound, system, ten, tv, up, video