Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Room Acoustics & Audio System Setup

Room Acoustics & Audio System Setup No one factor impacts the sound of your system more. Ask questions and share advice on room treatments, room tuning and acoustics here.

Old 09-05-2008   #1
Baz

Default HELP! Will My 7.1 Rear Speaker Set-UP Work My Room?

Hello!

I am a novice so please bear with me! My room is (W13ft x L11.8ft x H7.8ft), and I have limited options on where to place my rear speakers - I already have a 7.1 speaker set which I thought was required for a 7.1 av amp and to make use of the new HD sound formats. The back wall is 13ft wide and my listening position is right up against it so I have to place two speakers about 4ft to 5ft apart on this back wall & two further rear speakers on the side walls facing inwards. Again, due to limited mounting options, I can only really place all rears high up at where the walls & ceiling meet.

I would like to ask, if this will work or is suitable for my room, if it will not sound any good or just totally mess the sounds up? I was trying to future proof myself once and for all as once all the wiring is done, I will not have the option of changing it without having to strip the whole room again! I have posted a pic below so you can all get an idea of what I mean! Many thanks!

Baz!
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008   #2

Default Re: HELP! Will My 7.1 Rear Speaker Set-UP Work My Room?

I have a similar set-up in my bedroom, except due to architectural angles on walls, I have all four across the back on an angle. Mine sounds about as good as it can due to wall limitations, so I think you will be ok with your set-up.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008   #3
Baz

Default Re: HELP! Will My 7.1 Rear Speaker Set-UP Work My Room?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpiii View Post
I have a similar set-up in my bedroom, except due to architectural angles on walls, I have all four across the back on an angle. Mine sounds about as good as it can due to wall limitations, so I think you will be ok with your set-up.
Hi,

Thanks for the input! I would love to hear from others also in a similar listening position and comments in general!

Baz!
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
2009, 71, high, options, place, rear, room, set, setup, side, speaker, speakers, surrounds, wall, walls