Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Room Acoustics & Audio System Setup

Room Acoustics & Audio System Setup No one factor impacts the sound of your system more. Ask questions and share advice on room treatments, room tuning and acoustics here.

Old 08-01-2008   #1
Administrator

Default SoundSense Reveals Noise Cancellation System - Eliminates Unwanted Home Theater Noise

SoundSense, LLC reveals methodology effectively eliminating unwanted noise using patented noise cancellation technology. The process requires a small microphone and speaker. The noise-canceling speaker emits sound with opposite qualities of the noise source eliminating distracting sounds in a home theater environment including projection noise, HVAC noise, equipment fans, etc.

Sound is a pressure wave, a noise-cancellation speaker emits a sound wave with the same amplitude and the opposite polarity to the original sound. The waves combine to form a new wave and effectively cancel each other out. Depending on the circumstances and the method used, the resulting sound wave may be so faint as to be virtually inaudible to human ears.

"This simple and effective process will save installers and clients both time and money," says Bonnie Schnitta, SoundSense LLC president. "Every home theater system has unwanted noise that would greatly improve the user experience if eliminated. Our noise cancelling system seamlessly corrects those imperfections every time."
AVRevForum.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008   #2
wes

Default Re: SoundSense Reveals Noise Cancellation System - Eliminates Unwanted Home Theater N

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVRevForum.com View Post
SoundSense, LLC reveals methodology effectively eliminating unwanted noise using patented noise cancellation technology. The process requires a small microphone and speaker. The noise-canceling speaker emits sound with opposite qualities of the noise source eliminating distracting sounds in a home theater environment including projection noise, HVAC noise, equipment fans, etc.

Sound is a pressure wave, a noise-cancellation speaker emits a sound wave with the same amplitude and the opposite polarity to the original sound. The waves combine to form a new wave and effectively cancel each other out. Depending on the circumstances and the method used, the resulting sound wave may be so faint as to be virtually inaudible to human ears.

"This simple and effective process will save installers and clients both time and money," says Bonnie Schnitta, SoundSense LLC president. "Every home theater system has unwanted noise that would greatly improve the user experience if eliminated. Our noise cancelling system seamlessly corrects those imperfections every time."
Sounds like airplane canceling noise head phone!!
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #3

Default Re: SoundSense Reveals Noise Cancellation System - Eliminates Unwanted Home Theater N

This is a bit lean of real info. What frequencies are they claiming to cancel? What is the placement of the speaker & mic? What does it cost?
Bob Hodas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #4

Wink Re: SoundSense Reveals Noise Cancellation System - Eliminates Unwanted Home Theater N

Hey, if it can silence my GF during a movie, football, music.... I'm game....
Old 10-23-2008   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumonkey2 View Post
Hey, if it can silence my GF during a movie, football, music.... I'm game....
Oh, that is so wrong...apparently your gf does not browse this forum.
oildalemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012   #6

The NoiseOut Acoustic Speaker Back comes completely constructed and ready to be installed as a single unit for both new construction and retrofit environments.They are available in two standard sizes to address both ceiling and wall applications. Custom enclosures can also be ordered to fit any speaker size.
CraigCyril is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
cancellation, cancelling, frequencies, home, homes, hvac, noise, room, sound, speaker, surround, system, systems, technology, unwanted