Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Room Acoustics & Audio System Setup

Room Acoustics & Audio System Setup No one factor impacts the sound of your system more. Ask questions and share advice on room treatments, room tuning and acoustics here.

Old 06-07-2007   #1

Default What about outside acoustics?

I know this is all about room acoustics, but what about outside? I'm in the middle of building an Outdoor Theater and wonder how it's going to sound.

My plan is simply to get two DJ type speakers and run the movies downmixed into stereo or some kind of phantom setup, but my question boils down to this:

Since it's outside with no real boundaries, will I need more or less amplification?
Iguana Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007   #2

Default Re: What about outside acoustics?

more
Ed Belknap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007   #3

Default Re: What about outside acoustics?

I have had a lot of fun with horn loaded speakers outside. I use a yamaha 135 watt power amp coupled to some out door klipsch. It has impact and can be heard over a two acre area.
sadnblue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
acoustic, acoustics, audio, room, rooms, running, sound, sounds, suck, system, uotside, video