Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Room Acoustics & Audio System Setup

Room Acoustics & Audio System Setup No one factor impacts the sound of your system more. Ask questions and share advice on room treatments, room tuning and acoustics here.

Old 05-02-2008   #37
wes

Cool Re: Audyssey Announces Dynamic Volume

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcaraldo215 View Post
Yo, Wes, get a life!
No need to bite, all I am saying is that if you are selling a product you become biased that is all

It is one thing to talk about something in an objective manner it is an other to make a marketing speech.
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #38

Default Re: Audyssey Announces Dynamic Volume

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
No need to bite, all I am saying is that if you are selling a product you become biased that is all

It is one thing to talk about something in an objective manner it is an other to make a marketing speech.
Dear Wes -

I do not advocate that anyone take any review as gospel, regardless of its source. Regarding the review of Audyssey Pro at:

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/a...ound-equalizer

I do not know this man. His review may be a totally biased fraud, or it may be the truth. We do not know. The fact that he has become an Audyssey Pro consultant, as he has freely disclosed, does not automatically make everything he says on the subject invalid or contrary to the truth. It means we should take his review with a grain of salt, as we should all reviews. We must also acknowledge that his review is consistent with Kal Rubinson's recent review of Audyssey Pro in Stereophile, also to be taken with a grain of salt.

Listening, rather than reading reviews or online forums, is the proof of the pudding. It is fair to say thay you yourself have never heard an Audyssey corrected system. I have asked you several times about this and you have avoided responding. I am merely suggesting to you that you put your sword of vengeance back in its' scabbard for a few days and actually listen to Audyssey. It is then that your comments - positive or negative - will be of much more significant use to all of us.
fitzcaraldo215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #39
wes

Cool Re: Audyssey Announces Dynamic Volume

Quote:
Dear Wes - I do not advocate that anyone take any review as gospel, regardless of its source. Regarding the review of Audyssey Pro at: http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/a...ound-equalizer I do not know this man. His review may be a totally biased fraud, or it may be the truth. We do not know. The fact that he has become an Audyssey Pro consultant, as he has freely disclosed, does not automatically make everything he says on the subject invalid or contrary to the truth. It means we should take his review with a grain of salt, as we should all reviews. We must also acknowledge that his review is consistent with Kal Rubinson's recent review of Audyssey Pro in Stereophile, also to be taken with a grain of salt. Listening, rather than reading reviews or online forums, is the proof of the pudding. It is fair to say that you yourself have never heard an Audyssey corrected system. I have asked you several times about this and you have avoided responding.
Dear fitzcaraldo215

I have listened to the Audyssey in entry level processor, and was not impressed, I shall go and listen to the top of the line as found in the Onkyo 905.

Quote:
I am merely suggesting to you that you put your sword of vengeance back in its' scabbard for a few days and actually listen to Audyssey. It is then that your comments - positive or negative - will be of much more significant use to all of us.
Will do and will let yo know what I find?

In the mean time peace

Last edited by wes; 05-05-2008 at 09:38 PM..
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
aftermarket, arc, audyssey, channel, d2, def, dynamic, equalizer, leveling, pro, receivers, review, system, tech, volume