Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Room Acoustics & Audio System Setup

Room Acoustics & Audio System Setup No one factor impacts the sound of your system more. Ask questions and share advice on room treatments, room tuning and acoustics here.

Old 05-01-2008   #31
wes

Cool Re: Audyssey Announces Dynamic Volume

Yes high efficiency, good sounding digital is the way of the future unfortunately we are not their yet so for now I will stick to my Classé amps
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #32

Default Re: Audyssey Announces Dynamic Volume

Can`t go wrong with Classe~. Great sound, gorgeous to look at, what else could you ask for.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #33

Just one final note to all the remaining naysayers about Audyssey. Check out the 5 star review at the link below done by a professional acoustics consultant, who calls it "perhaps the biggest breakthrough in acoustic and psychoacoustic theory, applied to audio, in my career." It will give you much insight into how Audyssey actually works. This pertains to Audyssey Pro, which is available in the stand alone Audyssey unit. It is also available in the Integra DTC 9.8. I am not sure if it is also available in Denon, Marantz, Onkyo or NAD. As great as my system sound is with the automatic Audyssey "lite" built into my DTC 9.8, I am seriously considering having the Audyssey Pro equalization done, unless I can convince Audyssey to sell me the kit and license so I can do it myself.

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/a...ound-equalizer
fitzcaraldo215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #34

Well,if you get the pro, let us know how it works out.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #35
wes

Thumbs down Re: Audyssey Announces Dynamic Volume

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcaraldo215 View Post
Just one final note to all the remaining naysayers about Audyssey. Check out the 5 star review at the link below done by a professional acoustics consultant, who calls it "perhaps the biggest breakthrough in acoustic and psychoacoustic theory, applied to audio, in my career." It will give you much insight into how Audyssey actually works. This pertains to Audyssey Pro, which is available in the stand alone Audyssey unit. It is also available in the Integra DTC 9.8.
Audyssey
Cons

* Requires professional setup and calibration for best results:
wes: So you pay $2500 and you have to use a pro to use it so you add an other $1000

* Requires optimal speaker placement for best results_> Da!!

* Lower cost speakers may not exhibit desired performance envelope,
wes: too bad for those who can't afford mega speakers!

* Typically requires separates or amplifier+>
wes: Interesting since they bundle it with receivers!!

* 8 pairs of RCA interconnects required for full utilization +>
wes: Ever heard of HDMi or Firewire?

In addition the fellow who did the review : Patrick Hart "I was so impressed with the Audyssey Sound Equalizer's acoustic and psychoacoustic performance that I have become a freelance Audyssey Sound Equalizer consultant/integrator for the Los Angeles/Orange County area"

So he sells the equipment and does consulting and has al to gain to sell an other box!!!

Last edited by wes; 05-02-2008 at 04:39 PM..
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
Audyssey
Cons

* Requires professional setup and calibration for best results:
wes: So you pay $2500 and you have to use a pro to use it so you add an other $1000

* Requires optimal speaker placement for best results_> Da!!

* Lower cost speakers may not exhibit desired performance envelope,
wes: too bad for those who can't afford mega speakers!

* Typically requires separates or amplifier+>
wes: Interesting since they bundle it with receivers!!

* 8 pairs of RCA interconnects required for full utilization +>
wes: Ever heard of HDMi or Firewire?

In addition the fellow who did the review : Patrick Hart "I was so impressed with the Audyssey Sound Equalizer's acoustic and psychoacoustic performance that I have become a freelance Audyssey Sound Equalizer consultant/integrator for the Los Angeles/Orange County area"

So he sells the equipment and does consulting and has al to gain to sell an other box!!!
Yo, Wes, get a life!

I do not know yet what the calibration costs. Do you? I am led to believe its well under $500. It's optional. You can just do the automatic Audyssey calibration yourself, but it's not going to be as refined. Auto calibration is what I am using now, and I am sold on it, but might want to try to achieve an even higher level.

Requires optimal speaker placement: aren't you the Guy who is waiting for a $12,000 Classe processor. Aren't you also going to put your speakers in the best position you can? Everybody should do this whether they are using Audyssey or not, unless they just do not give a damn about how it sounds.

Lower cost speakers ...: I guess I will have to throw out my 1967 Radio Shack horn speakers. I do not think he means Wilson Alexandras. He used tiny Infinity's. Would anybody buying even a $1,500 receiver let alone a pre/pro with Audyssey built in not have adequate speakers? If they do, God bless, em. And they sure as hell would not be doing an Audyssey Pro calibration.

Typically requires a separates or amplifier...: Yes with the standalone he reviewed. No, with the built-in.

Requires 8 pairs of RCA interconnects: Have you been listening? You don't get the Audssey stand alone unit he reviewed. You are best off getting Audyssey inside your processor. You save big $, there are no extra a-d, d-a conversions, and last, but not least, there are no wires to buy. Audyssey functionality is the same either way.

In addition the fellow...: What should he do? Not tell us? Recuse himself from reviewing the product? He's already in the business of acoustically treating rooms. He has credible credentials. Do you? Have you at least heard before and after Audyssey equalization?

Why you are so vehemently opposed to this is way beyond me. Just get something else and be done with it.
fitzcaraldo215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
aftermarket, arc, audyssey, channel, d2, def, dynamic, equalizer, leveling, pro, receivers, review, system, tech, volume