Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Remotes, Home Automation and PC Convergence > Remotes & System Control

Remotes & System Control Share success with programming your remote, codes and more.

Old 01-27-2009   #1

Default Remote control for bedroom tv upstairs?

All my HT equiptment is in my basement. For the tv in my bedroom upstairs,I just ran a coax cable from the DishNetwork receiver up the the television in my bedroom. I am looking for a way that I can use the remote to change channels or to just turn things on and off right from upstairs. Right now if I want to change channels, I have to run down to the basebent and chane things from there. Is there anything out that I can use for this? Thankd for the help. John
jmy2469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009   #2

Default Re: Remote control for bedroom tv upstairs?

Have you tried using an RF remote?

If that does not work, then you will need to get an IR repeater, and run a lead to your DishNet. box and any other boxes you might want to watch.

Last edited by rlpiii; 01-27-2009 at 10:18 AM..
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009   #3
Banned

Get yourself an RF extender

www.universalremote.com is a good place to start
Gman-north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #4

Hi.....
Well according to your problem I think that you should go for RF remote controllers or you should mount the HT equipment on to upstairs and can have a nice solution.Well I doesn't get such kind of problem. So if you are not satisfied then forgive me.
lararefaeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
bedroom, change, channel, channels, control, controlls, dishnet, forum, infrared, remote, repeater, rf, system, televisions, tv, universal