Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Remotes, Home Automation and PC Convergence > Remotes & System Control

Remotes & System Control Share success with programming your remote, codes and more.

Old 05-05-2008   #1
wes

Cool LOGITECH HARMONY ONE

I bought it a couple of weeks ago on Amazon and am delighted it is a great remote I would recommend it to anyone.

I use to have a Pronto pro what a difference the Logitech is so much better. The pronto pro is targted for software developers not novice like me.... It is in a closet collecting dust.
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #2

Default Re: LOGITECH HARMONY ONE

I've been a huge fan of the Harmony remotes for years, I own four of them currently. I for one am most impressed with the 890 as it comes with an RF to IR extender and costs only a bit more then the One, though the one has a much nicer display.

I am a little concerned about the One as the only Harmony remote I have ever had trouble with is the 1000, which uses the same type of display, my 1000 freezes up and requires hard reboots often, hopefully this isn't a problem with the One.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #3
wes

Cool Re: LOGITECH HARMONY ONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I am a little concerned about the One as the only Harmony remote I have ever had trouble with is the 1000, which uses the same type of display, my 1000 freezes up and requires hard reboots often, hopefully this isn't a problem with the One.
So far so good I bought it a month ago, will keep you posted.
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I've been a huge fan of the Harmony remotes for years, I own four of them currently. I for one am most impressed with the 890 as it comes with an RF to IR extender and costs only a bit more then the One, though the one has a much nicer display.

I've got one practically brand new if anyone wants it. Box and CD-Rom included. How's $275 sound? If so, let me know and I'll post it on videogon. I decided I wanted a button oriented remote, not a touchscreen.

Cheers...............Scott W.
Captain Stereo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stereo View Post
I decided I wanted a button oriented remote, not a touchscreen.
That was one of my biggest problems with the remote, though they market it towards the want to be Crestron or AMX crowd, and if you want the coolness factor, it does that well, I too like hard buttons.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #6

FOLKS,
I've had three myself & wiil spec Harmony to ALL.....a lot cheaper than Creston or AMX.
Bob Walters is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
1000, display, dvd, extender, forum, forums, freeze, freezes, harmony, infrared, logitech, reboot, rebooting, reboots, remote, vs