Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Remotes & System Control (http://www.avrev.com/forum/remotes-system-control-37/)
-   -   LOGITECH HARMONY ONE (http://www.avrev.com/forum/remotes-system-control/1905-logitech-harmony-one.html)

wes 05-05-2008 10:04 PM

LOGITECH HARMONY ONE

I bought it a couple of weeks ago on Amazon and am delighted it is a great remote I would recommend it to anyone.

I use to have a Pronto pro what a difference the Logitech is so much better. The pronto pro is targted for software developers not novice like me.... It is in a closet collecting dust.

kennyt 05-06-2008 03:46 AM

Re: LOGITECH HARMONY ONE

I've been a huge fan of the Harmony remotes for years, I own four of them currently. I for one am most impressed with the 890 as it comes with an RF to IR extender and costs only a bit more then the One, though the one has a much nicer display.

I am a little concerned about the One as the only Harmony remote I have ever had trouble with is the 1000, which uses the same type of display, my 1000 freezes up and requires hard reboots often, hopefully this isn't a problem with the One.

wes 05-06-2008 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennyt (Post 14627)
I am a little concerned about the One as the only Harmony remote I have ever had trouble with is the 1000, which uses the same type of display, my 1000 freezes up and requires hard reboots often, hopefully this isn't a problem with the One.

So far so good I bought it a month ago, will keep you posted.

Captain Stereo 05-06-2008 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennyt (Post 14627)
I've been a huge fan of the Harmony remotes for years, I own four of them currently. I for one am most impressed with the 890 as it comes with an RF to IR extender and costs only a bit more then the One, though the one has a much nicer display.

I've got one practically brand new if anyone wants it. Box and CD-Rom included. How's $275 sound? If so, let me know and I'll post it on videogon. I decided I wanted a button oriented remote, not a touchscreen.

Cheers...............Scott W.

kennyt 05-06-2008 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Stereo (Post 14658)
I decided I wanted a button oriented remote, not a touchscreen.

That was one of my biggest problems with the remote, though they market it towards the want to be Crestron or AMX crowd, and if you want the coolness factor, it does that well, I too like hard buttons.

Bob Walters 05-07-2008 06:07 AM

FOLKS,
I've had three myself & wiil spec Harmony to ALL.....a lot cheaper than Creston or AMX.