Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Remotes, Home Automation and PC Convergence > Remotes & System Control

Remotes & System Control Share success with programming your remote, codes and more.

Old 05-09-2008   #7

Default Re: LOGITECH HARMONY ONE

I have owned MANY Harmony remotes and loved them all. The biggest problem (with all remotes) is that no one has made a remote that can stand up to a 7-yr-old boy. That being the case, it is far easier/cheaper to replace a Harmony than a Crestron. Being able to plug in a USB cable and download the programming instructions stored on the Web make the whole process even better.
mmeyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeyers View Post
The biggest problem (with all remotes) is that no one has made a remote that can stand up to a 7-yr-old boy.
I'm waiting for one that survives use as a doggie chew toy, but am not holding my breath for it!!!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008   #9

One of my faster puppies took my Crestron as a chew toy but my wife caught him. He is a TOTAL puppy. VERY CUTE but no training.

He is likely getting adopted today.

j
Old 06-16-2008   #10

Thank GOD - that dog never got a hold of my Crestron.

He was adopted last week. We have another foster in from some IDIOT who got arrested for dealing drugs and JUST left the dog in his apt for 2 days. She is a wreck. Bladder infection, scared etc... We are working with her to get her back to feeling comfortable including sending her out for a bath today (she smelled like PEE).
Old 06-17-2008   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
He was adopted last week. We have another foster in from some IDIOT who got arrested for dealing drugs and JUST left the dog in his apt for 2 days. She is a wreck. Bladder infection, scared etc... We are working with her to get her back to feeling comfortable including sending her out for a bath today (she smelled like PEE).
Thats too bad, but I am glad you are stepping up to help the animal.

We used to foster animals for years and helped rebuild the local animal shelter, it amazes me what some people do to their animals, well I guess it also amazes me what some people do to their children.

Sometimes I am reminded of a quote from "Where the Buffalo Roam";

"I think he should be castrated so his genes can't be passed onto future generations"

BTW If you've never seen this film rent it immediately!!! It's Bill Murray's first film (I believe) where he plays Hunter S. Thompson and he does it to a tee, none of the lame Johnny Depp stuff, true golden Hunter!!!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009   #12

My Harmony 1000 used to freeze all the time, and it was because I was using some devices outside an activity. For instance, if I was controlling an activity (i.e. Watch TV) and then I switched to a device that was not included in that activity (i.e fan or A/C) then my control got unstable and freeze. Now, I have all my devices included in an activity and my remote is working really well and very reliable. I love the harmony 1000 since.
rquinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
1000, display, dvd, extender, forum, forums, freeze, freezes, harmony, infrared, logitech, reboot, rebooting, reboots, remote, vs