Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Remotes, Home Automation and PC Convergence > Remotes & System Control

Remotes & System Control Share success with programming your remote, codes and more.

Old 04-08-2008   #7

Default Re: Using an iPod as a remote control!

iPod Touch may sill yet control PS3

From Engadget

NetBlender prepping Blu-ray disc to iPhone connection?

Posted Apr 8th 2008 9:56PM by Richard Lawler

NetBlender is preparing to reveal new technology aimed squarely at connecting Blu-ray content to Apple's iPhone and iPod Touch, called BD Touch. Designed to "leverage network capabilities of Blu-ray players" Macworld UK surmises it could lead to possible use of those devices as a remote control for Blu-ray players, but given NetBlender's history of authoring tools we see the potential for an add-on that easily helps developers implement features like Digital Copy or BD-Live enabled ringtone purchases. Remote control -- or better yet Remote Play style -- apps could be interesting however, so we'll keep an eye out for the official announcement, expected April 10.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008   #8
Amy

Wow, didn't expect the Ipod of being able to serve as a remote control.
Old 11-02-2008   #9

This is really cool! I am wondering if someone would mind running through exactly how to set this up and get it working. I am getting an ipod touch for Christmas and definitely want to implement this! I have a fairly firm grasp on stuff like this, and even if I do not understand, I can usually follow directions well! Thanks in advance!
tater911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater911 View Post
This is really cool! I am wondering if someone would mind running through exactly how to set this up and get it working. I am getting an ipod touch for Christmas and definitely want to implement this! I have a fairly firm grasp on stuff like this, and even if I do not understand, I can usually follow directions well! Thanks in advance!
You need a networked receiver that can be controlled through a web page like my Denon 3808ci can.
Old 11-02-2008   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
You need a networked receiver that can be controlled through a web page like my Denon 3808ci can.
Yeah, that's exactly the AV I have. I have not hooked it up to my network yet. Once I do that, what is the process? Thanks for the quick reply.
tater911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater911 View Post
Yeah, that's exactly the AV I have. I have not hooked it up to my network yet. Once I do that, what is the process? Thanks for the quick reply.
I'm using Windows media player 11 on Vista so here's how I do it, once you have it networked find the Denons address ( for example, http://192.168.254.xxx) & type that in to your web browser, you can control your Denon from that web page.
Get your iTouch connected by WiFi to your home network & type in the same address & you can now control your Denon from your iTouch as long as it's connected to your network.

You can also set up your internet radio by going to this web site http://www.radiodenon.com/setupapp/d...gin/SignIn.asp & entering your receivers ID.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, control, dlna, home, homeasp, http192168254, ipod, itouch, ps3, remote, system, touch, universal, video, youch