Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Remotes, Home Automation and PC Convergence > Remotes & System Control

Remotes & System Control Share success with programming your remote, codes and more.

Old 03-13-2008   #19

Exclamation Super 880 deal

Quick like a bunny hop over to Amazon put the 880 in your cart use:GXWCVCLQ in the coupon code area and get it for 99.99 delivered!!!
I don't know how long it lasts for.

EDIT: I just noticed that the Moose posted this deal a few days ago on a different thread, I'll leave this up in case someone missed it over there.

Last edited by akbungle; 03-13-2008 at 09:46 PM..
akbungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008   #20

Default Re: Considering moving from the MX500 to a Harmony One

Quote:
Originally Posted by pws442 View Post
My components ....
I saw you replied to my message, it is the 880 not the R/F 890 and the code still works. Maybe you figured that out and is why you deleted the post but if not hopefully this helps.
Old 03-14-2008   #21

Not much to say about the Harmony line which has not been said. But, we have 13 video displays in our house and seven of them are Sonys, none of which have direct access input selection. Harmony knows the codes, and circumvents Sony's stupidity by giving you direct input access on every one of the Sonys, every input, with one button control. Sony puts direct access into their systems, but does not enable it on any factory supplied remote. Dumb Sony. Smart Harmony.
Happy Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008   #22

Harmony was able to get discreet on/off codes for my Linn AV5103, something Linn swears doesn't exist!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Harmony was able to get discreet on/off codes for my Linn AV5103, something Linn swears doesn't exist!
Kenny: My point exactly! The ability of Harmony to get these codes and add functionality to existing components is a big plus for me.

Along the same lines, Harmony support was able to code our Harmony 880 to recognize the remote coding for four different TiVo based DirecTV receivers in our house, each seperately remote coded 1-4, but otherwise all working off the same remote codes, so that the Harmony can use an RF repeater to control each seperately. No other integrated remote except the $$$$ Crestron could do that, and we rejected the Crestron because of expense, and because it was too hard for the homeowner to program if we got a new component.

Harmony is not perfect, but it does some things very well. This is one of those things.
Happy Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbungle View Post
I saw you replied to my message, it is the 880 not the R/F 890 and the code still works. Maybe you figured that out and is why you deleted the post but if not hopefully this helps.
Yes, that is why I deleted the post. I was able to use the code on the 880. But, I am going to stick with the One.

I just got off a 66 minute phone call with their tech support. They took my Denon device with its myriad command list, and spun off one for FM, and another for USB/Internet/MusicServer, with only its commands.

I use the remaining Denon for all 4 activities (TV, XM, FM, the other); for the last two, I add the appropriate scaled down Denon. Unfortunately, this was done behind the scenes, not accessible to me.

The official stance is that the number of commands on an individual device caused a buffer overrun issue, not the total number in the activity.

So, I am content...

For the moment!
pws442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
activity, add, button, cd, denon, freezes, freezing, harmony, key, logitech, mx500, power, programming, remote, screen, soft, vinyl