Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Receivers

Receivers Ask your questions on AV receivers ranging from HDMI connectivity to calibration to setup to power ratings and beyond.

Old 05-30-2007   #1

Default Will Integra make a new HDMI 1.3 card for the DTR 10.5?

I have an Integra DTR 10.5 but it doesnt pass audio through the HDMI switcher so I have to use the a tos-link cable for digital audio. Anyone know of any upgraded HDMI card for this receiver?
AudioGuy2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #2

Default Re: Will Integra make a new HDMI 1.3 card for the DTR 10.5?

Let me find out for you. Stay tuned...

Andrew
Robinson_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioGuy2007 View Post
I have an Integra DTR 10.5 but it doesnt pass audio through the HDMI switcher so I have to use the a tos-link cable for digital audio. Anyone know of any upgraded HDMI card for this receiver?
just to weigh in here, i believe a new model is due about the time onkyo's new 905 in august. regards
redrock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #4

But the whole point of the DTR-10.5 is that it has replaceable cards that you swap in and out of the back. They should make an upgraded HDMI card that has HDMI 1.3 and perhaps one more input so it's 3-in and 1-out.
AudioGuy2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #5

Well, though the DTR 10.5 was designed in a card case structure to be 'future proof' the future has brought about change faster than many folks realized it could and some of the older 'future proof' units like the Proceed PAV/PDSD (still a great unit, but dated and never was even upgraded to it's full potential) have become obsolete.

Now matter how flexible these products are made, eventually the needs of new technology outdo what the basic structure can do and they must be replaced.

To my knowledge only Meridian, Tag McLaren and Theta have really kept their top pre/pro's up to date, and some would argue they cost alot to upgrade so is it worth it???
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007   #6

Thumbs down Re: Will Integra make a new HDMI 1.3 card for the DTR 10.5?

I think that its B.S. that Integra has just completely abandoned the 10.5 and the promise it was sold under, without even so much as a credit or some consideration to people who were suckered into buying it thinking they would get their money's worth. I got the 10.5 in 2005 and have a receiver 4x as expensive as other 3-zone receivers out there, that now offer 3-HDMI inputs (as opposed to the 2 inputs the 10.5 has forever 'maxed out' at). I'm just sayin'...
Aessinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
105, 13, audio, av, card, cards, dtr, dtr10, dtr105, full, hdmi, integra, potential, receiver