Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Receivers

Receivers Ask your questions on AV receivers ranging from HDMI connectivity to calibration to setup to power ratings and beyond.

Old 11-11-2007   #19

Default Re: Kenwood KRF-X9992D

Hey guys, I have another question now. I just got my setup from above. When I was hooking it up earlier this evening, it turned it on real quick and it sounded good. Now, the sounds is very low. I have to turn the receiver up all the way to get a normal amount of sound out of it. but even then its still pretty quiet. Any ideas on what I can do to get the receiver to put more sound out? Did I do something wrong? All the inputs (DVD, CD, Radio, Xbox) are all at the same volume.

Thanks in advance
fergusmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007   #20

Sounds like something is set up wrong on the receiver, maybe a tape loop of incorrect input.

Does it do this for all inputs?

BTW Be careful NOT TO EVER turn it all the way up!!!! You one day will do this and hit the button causing the problem and BANG! Whole new problem...
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #21

Yeah, it does this for all inputs. I have hookups attached to MD/Tape, Vid 1, Vid 2, and Tuner. these are all RCA (red white yellow) hookups along with the video going from the receiver to the TV.
Old 11-12-2007   #22

Check;

Speaker switch (A/B)
Tape loops (is the signal routed to go through a tape loop that isn't connected?)

Since it does it with all inputs AND the receivers tuner, one of two things are likely going on, as listed above. The third is also possible, but unless something catastrophic happened you would have known about is less likely is you blew the receiver.

I doubt this is it as you get some sound out of it, I suspect you hit a tape loop and the reason for the very low volume is the amp is only seeing what leaks through the preamp section.

If you can't find a tape loop, go into the set up menus and see what you find. You might want to call your friend as well, as he will likely know the receiver much better than you do. You can also call the company for possible help.
Old 11-12-2007   #23

I'm not really sure what you mean by Tape loops?

In case it matters, I hooked the front speakers up to the Speaker A terminals for the fronts. Are the tape loops something inside the receiver that I should be looking at?
Unfortunately my friend probably doesn't know much to anything about the stuff he sold me. He has expensive stuff but doesn't necessarily take to time to really know about it. From what you are saying about it only getting what leaks through the power I am going to hope is what it is. I'm just not sure how to go about fixing that problem?

Thanks,
Old 11-12-2007   #24

Does this receiver have a tape record out?

Many do, and they are designed to allow you to record stereo or whatever and send it back to the receiver to be listened to, if you have that selected, and none connected, you will only hear miniscule sound from the speakers as no true signal is going to the pre/pro, only what is picked up errantly.

I suspect you have something like this that you or someone else accidently hit after the initial listen.... You just need to find it!
Sponsored Links

Tags
140, 704, center, hdmi, kenwood, kenwoodx9992d, krf, krfx9992d, large, mission, nsac, receiver, set, small, speaker, speakers, yamaha