Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Receivers

Receivers Ask your questions on AV receivers ranging from HDMI connectivity to calibration to setup to power ratings and beyond.

Old 11-02-2007   #13

Default Re: new guy,out of the loop

Greg,

My review of the Marantz 8001 just came out yesterday, from what I understand they reworked the pre to accommodate the new formats but not much else has changed. FWIW I really like this receiver and the 8002 with all the new audio formats looks to be even better!

Here's the link..

http://avrev.com/equip/marantz_sr8001_receiver/

As for receivers leading the way with technology, you are so right. Generally high end separates follow somewhat slowly behind.

Last edited by kennyt; 11-02-2007 at 09:11 AM..
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #14

Sorry to hear about the pending disability. At my age, we go through the what-ifs and what-would-I-rather-do-withouts, and my choice of losses always ends at my ears. For me, losing the joy of music would be a real kick in the pants. But enought philosophizing. What I don't see in your wish-list/recommended solutions is web/home network connection, in case you'd like to commit all your disks to hard-drive, listen to some of the great radio on the web, download individual songs you don't want to pay the total disk freight on, or eventually lose the ability to use the turntable. I think Onkyo has models that offer all you're looking for plus that connectivity. Of course, I'm facing your same upgrade issues and don't know exactly what I'll end up with, so I'm as out of the loop as you. Any recommendations from the experts that include web network connectivity?
The Ear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #15

Cool Re: new guy,out of the loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ear View Post
Any recommendations from the experts that include web network connectivity?
I'm no expert but my Denon 3808ci is a great networked receiver, also the 4308 & 5808 are networked but much more expensive.

Check out this post for more info on the Denon AVR3080ci.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007   #16

Many thanks. I've looked at the Denons. I'll give them a listen.
The Ear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #17

This evening has been subwoofer night,still doing the reciever search,I did find out that if I get a HD player with the new audio software in the player,and analog outputs,I can run them into my Rotel that way,and get the new hi res dolby etc.So this might not be as huge a project as I originally thought.I am running a Parts Express 1000w Titanic seal sub,I emailed Parts express and had them run some simulations to see what I need to turn it into a vented sub.They told me I needed a port 3' dia and 4 in long,and I would gain about 3dB from around 20-80 across the board,and be pretty flat.So I am 90% done cutting the hole in the sub,and got the $1.28 piece of PVC pipe ,I should be done with about another hour of work.I will still need to order a resistor ? to put in line to llimit the sub from going below 20hz they said.
greg in okla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
130, avr3080ci, denon, dvd, guy, ipsig, jbl, l150a, make, review, rotel, shooting, sound, system, video, wav