Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Receivers

Receivers Ask your questions on AV receivers ranging from HDMI connectivity to calibration to setup to power ratings and beyond.

Old 01-25-2009   #61

Default Re: Denon AVR3808CI

Quote:
Originally Posted by pws442 View Post
I have another problem since the latest upgrade. the web browser does not accept commands. It stays on Main CD, with volume at zero. There is not an XM option, nor iNet/USb selection available. When I use the remote to get therek, it continually says that it is trying to acquire the network. I can ping the Denon, but the Hyperterm sessiion returns nothing. As soon as I try to execute a command from the web browser, it returns to no power status, volume at 0db, and the input selection as "SOURCE". Please help me!
I don't have a clue on that!
It may be a problem with your network but you may want to call Denon for help.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009   #62

Default Re: Denon AVR3808CI iNet hangup

Regarding the peculiar behavior: "it got better". Still not perfect, perhaps it is a network problem. I think the Denon is now hanging up when traversing the iNet/USB source. This morning, I could listen to the Internet Radio Stations, and play songs from the NAS. I played a few, then while backing up from the Artist, it froze up. No buttons would work. I powered off/on, and went back to iNet/USB, and the Denon display only had a Play glyph (you know, the right pointing triangle); no text at all. The monitor showed an empty selection box with the right/left pointing arrows.

The drop-downs in the web browser returned to normal (i.e. XM, and iNet/USB) returned. The HyperTerm session was simply stalled as well. After power off/on, and without returning to iNet functions, it is OK.

If I have issues this evening, I will call Denon.
pws442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009   #63

Default Re: Denon AVR3808CI upscaling confusion

Quote:
I have everything connected via HDMI. Cable, Blu-Ray, and DVD go in, and out to the TV.
I am really confused about this. Should the Denon send 1080p to the monitor if it is indeed upconverting the inputs (cable from 1080i, DVD from 480p)? It displays 1080p when the BluRay plays the DVD, but I think the BluRay is up-converting itself.

I see no indication on the Denon display about upconverting status. But, I have looked at every setting, and it says it should be set up to be doing it.
Old 02-20-2009   #64

Quote:
I am really confused about this. Should the Denon send 1080p to the monitor if it is indeed upconverting the inputs (cable from 1080i, DVD from 480p)? It displays 1080p when the BluRay plays the DVD, but I think the BluRay is up-converting itself.

I see no indication on the Denon display about upconverting status. But, I have looked at every setting, and it says it should be set up to be doing it.
OK, turns out the IP Scaler option was not set according to the WONDERFUL manual that the 3808 comes with. Denon answered my question with a recommendation of changing that setting to "A to H & H to H", whatever that means. My TV now displays 1080p for its input resolution.

Would love to know that all this means!
Old 02-20-2009   #65
wes

Quote:
OK, turns out the IP Scaler option was not set according to the WONDERFUL manual that the 3808 comes with. Denon answered my question with a recommendation of changing that setting to "A to H & H to H", whatever that means. My TV now displays 1080p for its input resolution.

Would love to know that all this means!
At least they got back to you!!!!
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
application, avr3808ci, blue, certification, denon, dvd, firmware, ipod, player, ray, remote, review, reviews, thx, touch