Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lichfield UK
ONKYOTXNR609, USB, FLAC and CD Quality
This was posted elswhere but I have had no responses. I hope this will have better result.
1. I am ripping CDs to FLAC and saving on 1TB external HD.
2. I bought OnkyoTXNR609 AV Receiver because it has USB input and plays FLAC.
3. On test, the FLAC did not live up to the SQ of the original CD played on Cambridge Audio 650BD through the same receiver.
4. What could be the cause of the difference in SQ?
5. What set up change will be required so the FLAC will sound the same as the CD? (FLAC lossless should not lose any quality).
Any suggestions ?
Good Music on 2-Channel
Fight the "loudness" war. Keep dynamic range intact on source material.
|audio, cd, flac, input, onkyotxnr609b, play, player, players, plays, quality, receiver, receivers, recievers, satellite, usb|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Anyone using a USB DAC...||Silver Supra||Source Components||20||10-11-2012 07:37 AM|
|FLAC Via USB||LaZ Baz||Music/Video Servers & MP3 Players||0||05-25-2011 10:32 AM|
|HDMI 1080p Media Player (Memory Card/USB Flash Drive/USB Portable HD)||Maxxbay||Media Center PC||3||02-07-2011 10:35 PM|
|External USB hard drive for ViP722||rex||Satellite Receivers, DVRs & Cable Boxes||8||03-16-2008 02:03 PM|
|Dish Network new USB 2.0 option||bryan562||Satellite Receivers, DVRs & Cable Boxes||5||08-31-2007 01:55 PM|