Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Receivers

Receivers Ask your questions on AV receivers ranging from HDMI connectivity to calibration to setup to power ratings and beyond.

Old 12-01-2010   #1

Angry audio/video connection help

Having trouble with my component hook ups...
What is the best connection plan for my Motorola HD Cable box DCH3200 (single HDMI out, multi comp video out) connected with SONY BRAVIA KDL-46S2000 HDTV (single HDMI port, multi comp video ports, optical/coax audio), PANASONIC DMP-BD30 BLU-RAY PLAYER (single HDMI out, multi comp video out, opt/coax audio), YAMAHA HTR-5930 AVR (comp video out ports, opt/coax audio, WITHOUT hdmi)..??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Note: I also have a 2008, 24" MAC computer we link to the above system for netflix, iTunes, etc. Currently switching out/coupling together a DVI/HDMI cable to TV hdmi cable, with an RCA cable to Yamaha AVR.

Terry
210017441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010   #2
Administrator

Default Re: audio/video connection help

If your AVR does not have HDMI inputs then I would add a HDMI switch with remote control to connect the cable box and the Blu-ray player into. That will allow the single HDMI input on your TV to service both of those devices. I use this matrix switch:

4X2 True Matrix HDMI 1.3a Powered Switch w/ Remote Controller (Rev. 3.0)

That switch will allow you to actually output to 2 HDTVs and independently select the source for each TV. Later if you get a AVR with HDMI input, you can use the second HDMI output for the audio or a second TV later. That would allow TV use without having to turn the AVR on to watch TV.

Then for the audio connect optical cables from the cable box and the Blu-ray player.

If you use a programmable remote with macros, the matrix switch commands can be learned into it and macros set up to switch all of the devices as necessary.

Now if you don't think you will need the second output, this switch may be better for you:

4X1 HDMI 1.3b Certified Switcher with Toslink & Digital Coaxial port (Rev.2)

That will allow the two devices to be switched along with the audio for your AVR.
rbinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011   #3

Default He Won't Kiss Me

I have been seeing a guy, for a while now. He is not my boy friend but we spend a lot of time together.
Problem is he refuses to kiss me. Don't get me wrong we have done everything else but kiss.
I'm 22 and he is 24, and he says he doesn't kiss because he did it so much in high school that he got tired of it.
How do people get tired of kissing. I'm desperate, we have had many arguments over the issue and I don't want to just go ahead and kiss him cause he obviously doesn't want to and I don't want to feel like I'm disrespecting him.
I feel we are in the movie pretty women except he's the prostitute and I'm just the girl, since he won't kiss.
What can I do?????
I mean is he just afraid of getting emotionally attached if he kisses me? or could he be BI.
I mean a guy at his age should be more mature about things.
Well please help this is really bothering me.

Thanks.
SownenMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011   #4
Administrator

Default Re: He Won't Kiss Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SownenMor View Post
I have been seeing a guy, for a while now. He is not my boy friend but we spend a lot of time together.
Problem is he refuses to kiss me. Don't get me wrong we have done everything else but kiss.
I'm 22 and he is 24, and he says he doesn't kiss because he did it so much in high school that he got tired of it.
How do people get tired of kissing. I'm desperate, we have had many arguments over the issue and I don't want to just go ahead and kiss him cause he obviously doesn't want to and I don't want to feel like I'm disrespecting him.
I feel we are in the movie pretty women except he's the prostitute and I'm just the girl, since he won't kiss.
What can I do?????
I mean is he just afraid of getting emotionally attached if he kisses me? or could he be BI.
I mean a guy at his age should be more mature about things.
Well please help this is really bothering me.

Thanks.
Do you have a great sound system? Big screen HDTV? Maybe that would help. Sure fits this forum better.
rbinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
46s2000, adding, audio, bluray, box, cable, component, connect, connections, dvd, hdmi, inputs, kdl, player, receiver, tv, video