Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Receivers (http://www.avrev.com/forum/receivers-39/)
-   -   Marantz SR 6400 RX130 and Aux not working (http://www.avrev.com/forum/receivers/4926-marantz-sr-6400-rx130-aux-not-working.html)

greenmile280 08-17-2010 06:07 PM

Marantz SR 6400 RX130 and Aux not working

Hello Experts,

I have a Marantz6400 and B&W speakers. the system sounds pretty good and I love the system. But one of the reasons why I went for the 6400 was the RX130 blue tooth receiver so that I can play music through my PC and phone through blue tooth. However, when I do so the music comes out of only one of the front speakers in stereo mode. If switch the mode to mono and certain surround modes, then it works but not otherwise. Similar issue when I use a cable (the red, yellow and white --is it component or S video cable ? always get confused) to connect my laptop to the receiver through the AUX ports in the front. Again music only through one of the speakers. Did anyone encounter this kind of an issue? Please let me know if there are any troubleshooting that I can do. I have tried changing all kinds of settings in the setup menu.
Thanks for any tips

rbinck 08-17-2010 06:59 PM

Re: Marantz SR 6400 RX130 and Aux not working

If the audio is mono, the sound will just come out of the center speaker. Maybe a little bit in the left and right, but mostly from the center. Try the laptop output with headphones and be sure it is stereo. If it sounds like everything is in the center of your head, then it is mono.

greenmile280 08-19-2010 05:30 AM

The audio is not in mono because the music comes through the left or right only and also when I connect a 2.1 speakers to my laptop they work fine. So when I play music through my marantz SR6004 receiver in stereo mode either through the AUX ( connect laptop through cables) or wireless through the blue tooth receiver RX-130 ...music comes out through only the left or right speakers. When I play stuff in stereo mode through the cable or iphone (through USB) they work fine. I was hoping someone would have come across this situation with the Marantz SR6004.
Thanks.

rbinck 08-19-2010 09:08 AM

You could try swapping the audio cables to check the source, I guess. If the sound travels to the other speaker it would indicate the source or cable rather than the receiver. If still an issue, I'd get the receiver serviced. Is it still under warranty?

greenmile280 08-24-2010 09:21 PM

Thanks for the reply. I tried that and issue still exist. Also I have the same problem when I connect a DVD player to the AUX. But instead when I connect the DVD player through the audio/video cable then the sound comes out through both speakers. So I think I am gonna have to get the unit serviced. I do have 3years warranty and its just under a year since I have had it.
Thanks