Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Receivers

Receivers Ask your questions on AV receivers ranging from HDMI connectivity to calibration to setup to power ratings and beyond.

Old 11-08-2009   #1

Default Computer to Denon

Hey guys.

I just built a shuttle computer to set next to my Tv gear and have a little trouble getting everything to work..

I have the computer going HDMI to my Denon....and the Denon is going HDMI to the TV that now only acts like a monitor for everything.. (Tv, DVD, etc etc)

The shuttle was a blank machine and have installed XP on it..and believe all the driver are installed correctly. As I type this now I have the computer showing up on the TV, going through my Denon, but a couple things.....

1. I'm not getting any sound and believe I have set the Denon up correctly.. (as I'm seeing things opn the TV via HDMI)

2.The resolution is horrible and when I use the roller in the mouse its spotty and slow...

I'm terrible at all of this and could use some help..

Thank you..

J
nlimit19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #2
Administrator

Default Re: Computer to Denon

Ok need to know what video card you are using. Most video cards that output HDMI will require a jumper to the spdif to get the audio and it usually won't be 5.1 audio. It is better to run a separate coax connection from your sound card to the Denon.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, av, coax, computer, denon, display, forum, pc, run, sound, system