Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Receivers

Receivers Ask your questions on AV receivers ranging from HDMI connectivity to calibration to setup to power ratings and beyond.

Old 04-16-2009   #1

Default Two receivers, one pair of speakers

I do not have a multi zone receiver, but I do have an extra receiver....

I have a set of outdoor speakers connected to my main setup, which I like to use a lot. When the family wants to watch TV, however, I must turn off the outdoor speakers.... I would like to connect a second receiver (in the garage) to the outdoor speakers that I can run an Apple Express unit on (for occasional use)... although I prefer the main unit to run the outdoor speakers since it has the AppleTV & satellite stations, I would still like to have a second option... (not buying a multi zone receiver)

Will this cause any issues (assuming I only have one source running at a time)?

Thanks.

Last edited by jordesign; 04-16-2009 at 10:40 AM..
jordesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009   #2
Administrator

Default Re: Two receivers, one pair of speakers

You should use a speaker selector switch to switch between the two receivers. Otherwise the two receiver outputs will be connected together and that can cause problems even if only one is on.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
amps, audio, connect, connected, connecting, multi, pair, receivers, recievers, set, sources, speaker, speakers, stereos, zone