Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Receivers

Receivers Ask your questions on AV receivers ranging from HDMI connectivity to calibration to setup to power ratings and beyond.

Old 04-23-2009   #7

Default Re: Need to buy a 5.1 Receiver

Thanks! I will look into the 3800 or 3900.
h20wahine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009   #8

So I just looked into these receivers but they are 7.1 if the bose system is for a 5.1 will that make a difference? Sorry I know this is probably basic stuff to you guys but I am new to this. I will be happier to go to a bigger receiver as long as it works right but dont know the difference between a 5.1 n 7.1 besides watts and stuff.
h20wahine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by h20wahine View Post
So I just looked into these receivers but they are 7.1 if the bose system is for a 5.1 will that make a difference? Sorry I know this is probably basic stuff to you guys but I am new to this. I will be happier to go to a bigger receiver as long as it works right but don't know the difference between a 5.1 n 7.1 besides watts and stuff.
You will only use 5 of the 7 channels for your Bose. The other two will either remain dormant, or you can assign those two channels to drive a pair of separate speakers in another room or wherever! You will find the channel "re-assignment" in the onscreen setup menu of the receiver.
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009   #10

That will be no problem at all. Either just do not connect the front surround speakers or buy two more speakers for front surrounds. The manual that comes with the receiver will explain different speaker arrangements. I have a 3800 which I bought a year before the 3900's came out. Absolutely incredible sound. You cannot beat a Yamaha for sound realism. I know other receivers do other things but none beat Yamaha for sound.
flaminio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
2009, 51, acoustimass, audio, blue, bose, buy, kind, ray, receiver, receivers, reciver, small, visual, yamaha