Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Receivers

Receivers Ask your questions on AV receivers ranging from HDMI connectivity to calibration to setup to power ratings and beyond.

Old 03-07-2009   #1

Question Church Sound System Hook Up

I have a Bogen GS100 receiver, a Yamaha MG102c mixer, a Tascam 900DL CD Recorder, a Philips CD player, and a wireless microphone receiver that I need to integrate together into a working system. I can get results from everything except a podium microphone and a pulpit microphone (that are not part of the wireless system) that are patched into the receiver XLR inputs. How do I get the sound from these microphones to the CD Recorder. All of the wireless mics record to the CDR. HELP ! ! !
CoShir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009   #2

Default Re: Church Sound System Hook Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoShir View Post
I have a Bogen GS100 receiver, a Yamaha MG102c mixer, a Tascam 900DL CD Recorder, a Philips CD player, and a wireless microphone receiver that I need to integrate together into a working system. I can get results from everything except a podium microphone and a pulpit microphone (that are not part of the wireless system) that are patched into the receiver XLR inputs. How do I get the sound from these microphones to the CD Recorder. All of the wireless mics record to the CDR. HELP ! ! !
It would help me if you could send a simplified hook up diagram of your system.
What inputs are available on the CD recorder.
what outputs are available on the Wireless system as well as make.
wilkinsb@telus.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009   #3

I have a GS 150. Is the phantom power switched on for the podium Mic? In many cases condensor mic's are used and they need phantom power to operate. There are switches directly above each XLR input. I hope this helps. - Greg
gpoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009   #4

Wink Re: Church Sound System Hook Up

I have a basic diagram of the backs of each component. How do I include it here, or where can I send what I have?
CoShir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009   #5

I have downloaded PDFs of both the bogen Yamaha and Tascam CD I don't know what wireless receiver you are using nor do I know how you are connecting it all together.
If you could describe how you have connected everything starting with the mics and ending with the the speaker amps and the recorder.
or draw a connection diagram that you could scan and send a jPeg to wilkinsb.barry (at) gmail.com
then I can possibly see what your problem is.
Besides being in charge of the sound equipment at our Unitarian Church I was a professional sound technologist, many years ago.
wilkinsb@telus.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009   #6

The Bogen GS100 is a public address amplifier, not a "receiver". The reason I bring this up is because it has 4 Mic inputs with XLR connections and 2 auxillary line level inputs. My question is: do you NEED the Yamaha mixer? If you do need it (for example, if 4 Mic's isn't enough) then I'd recommend running everything into the Yamaha mixer and just use the Bogen as a power amplifier. The Bogen has a dedicated record output on the rear pannel that will connect to the CD recorder.
gpoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
11, audio, cd, church, configure, hookup, microphone, player, receiver, record, set, sites, small, sound, system, wireless