Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Receivers (http://www.avrev.com/forum/receivers-39/)
-   -   Church Sound System Hook Up (http://www.avrev.com/forum/receivers/3183-church-sound-system-hook-up.html)

CoShir 03-07-2009 08:34 PM

Church Sound System Hook Up

I have a Bogen GS100 receiver, a Yamaha MG102c mixer, a Tascam 900DL CD Recorder, a Philips CD player, and a wireless microphone receiver that I need to integrate together into a working system. I can get results from everything except a podium microphone and a pulpit microphone (that are not part of the wireless system) that are patched into the receiver XLR inputs. How do I get the sound from these microphones to the CD Recorder. All of the wireless mics record to the CDR. HELP ! ! !

wilkinsb@telus.net 03-10-2009 12:24 PM

Re: Church Sound System Hook Up

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoShir (Post 19980)
I have a Bogen GS100 receiver, a Yamaha MG102c mixer, a Tascam 900DL CD Recorder, a Philips CD player, and a wireless microphone receiver that I need to integrate together into a working system. I can get results from everything except a podium microphone and a pulpit microphone (that are not part of the wireless system) that are patched into the receiver XLR inputs. How do I get the sound from these microphones to the CD Recorder. All of the wireless mics record to the CDR. HELP ! ! !

It would help me if you could send a simplified hook up diagram of your system.
What inputs are available on the CD recorder.
what outputs are available on the Wireless system as well as make.

gpoen 03-10-2009 03:35 PM

I have a GS 150. Is the phantom power switched on for the podium Mic? In many cases condensor mic's are used and they need phantom power to operate. There are switches directly above each XLR input. I hope this helps. - Greg

CoShir 03-10-2009 08:28 PM

I have a basic diagram of the backs of each component. How do I include it here, or where can I send what I have?

wilkinsb@telus.net 03-10-2009 10:12 PM

I have downloaded PDFs of both the bogen Yamaha and Tascam CD I don't know what wireless receiver you are using nor do I know how you are connecting it all together.
If you could describe how you have connected everything starting with the mics and ending with the the speaker amps and the recorder.
or draw a connection diagram that you could scan and send a jPeg to wilkinsb.barry (at) gmail.com
then I can possibly see what your problem is.
Besides being in charge of the sound equipment at our Unitarian Church I was a professional sound technologist, many years ago.

gpoen 03-11-2009 03:56 PM

The Bogen GS100 is a public address amplifier, not a "receiver". The reason I bring this up is because it has 4 Mic inputs with XLR connections and 2 auxillary line level inputs. My question is: do you NEED the Yamaha mixer? If you do need it (for example, if 4 Mic's isn't enough) then I'd recommend running everything into the Yamaha mixer and just use the Bogen as a power amplifier. The Bogen has a dedicated record output on the rear pannel that will connect to the CD recorder.