Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Receivers

Receivers Ask your questions on AV receivers ranging from HDMI connectivity to calibration to setup to power ratings and beyond.

Old 03-11-2009   #7

Wink Re: Church Sound System Hook Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpoen View Post
The Bogen GS100 is a public address amplifier, not a "receiver". The reason I bring this up is because it has 4 Mic inputs with XLR connections and 2 auxillary line level inputs. My question is: do you NEED the Yamaha mixer? If you do need it (for example, if 4 Mic's isn't enough) then I'd recommend running everything into the Yamaha mixer and just use the Bogen as a power amplifier. The Bogen has a dedicated record output on the rear pannel that will connect to the CD recorder.
I do need the Yamaha as I have a wireless receiver that has 4 mics and there are 2 additional mics that are wired. Those are the mics that I cannot get to record onto the CD Recorder that we have. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
CoShir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009   #8

Default Re: Church Sound System Hook Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoShir View Post
I do need the Yamaha as I have a wireless receiver that has 4 mics and there are 2 additional mics that are wired. Those are the mics that I cannot get to record onto the CD Recorder that we have. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
If I read you right your wireless receiver has 4 inputs that you are using as well as the need for the two cabled mics. Also you need inputs on the yamaha for the CD player.
How many mic outputs does the Wireless receiver have one or four? I can't answer this myself as you have not identified the unit.
If four you are feeding them to the Yamaha XLR inputs am I correct?
You should then be feeding the CD player to the Yamaha as well.
The next thing to do would be to feed the Yamaha to the Bogen High level input with the two cabled mics plugged in to the Bogen as well This is a little awkward but workable and then you feed the Bogen recording output to the recorder. and the main out to the speakers.
We had an input problem when we had just a two mic TOA amplifier similar to the Bogen.
We solved it by going for another mixer with a lot more mic inputs, a Mackie 1604 PRO which we bought used on eBay.
wilkinsb@telus.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009   #9

The wireless microphone is an AV-JEFE U-010 with 4 wireless microphones. There are 4 XLR outputs (A- B - C - D) and 2 unbalanced (A/B & C/D) outputs as well. Right now I am using only 2 XLR outputs and the 2 unbalanced outputs into the mixer (Yamaha MG102c).
CoShir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009   #10

Can the microphones that are giving you difficulties be heard over the speakers in the church? If they can you should be able to record their signal through the TAPE OUT jack in the rear panel of the Bogen amp (about in the middle). If you can't hear the microphones in question, you have other issues; eithor phantom power isn't switched on where it needs to be or you have a bad cable or possibly a bad microphone.

If you could explain in detail exactally how things are hooked up I might be able to help you.

Greg
gpoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoShir View Post
The wireless microphone is an AV-JEFE U-010 with 4 wireless microphones. There are 4 XLR outputs (A- B - C - D) and 2 unbalanced (A/B & C/D) outputs as well. Right now I am using only 2 XLR outputs and the 2 unbalanced outputs into the mixer (Yamaha MG102c).
Now I have the picture.
I would recommend, as I described last night, you use all of the XLR outputs of the wireless to the XLR inputs of the Yamaha and feed all the high level sources to the Yamaha's high level inputs then feed the Yamaha's un-balanced outputs to the AUX inputs of the Bogen. Feed the two cable mics to two of the Bogen's balanced inputs and the CD recorder from the Bogen's preamp output.
One other thing I assume you are feeding the speakers from the Bogen?

If I was to walk in to your church this is exactly the way I would accomplish the task and feel most comfortable using it based on knowledge and experience. It is always best to use balanced inputs on microphones. even if in the way I have described
wilkinsb@telus.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009   #12

I certainly can't improve on wilkinsb's response.
gpoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
11, audio, cd, church, configure, hookup, microphone, player, receiver, record, set, sites, small, sound, system, wireless