Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Receivers

Receivers Ask your questions on AV receivers ranging from HDMI connectivity to calibration to setup to power ratings and beyond.

Old 10-19-2008   #1

Default Why do my speakers blur at high volume?

This may be simply that my system isn't end but I read something things saying that I may need an amp, or my speakers can't handle such high volume or my receiver isn't the best? I have no problem with the bass from my floor standing speakers, its just the words become blurred and not clear when I turn up the volume.
rundowndream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008   #2

Default Re: Why do my speakers blur at high volume?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rundowndream View Post
This may be simply that my system isn't end but I read something things saying that I may need an amp, or my speakers can't handle such high volume or my receiver isn't the best? I have no problem with the bass from my floor standing speakers, its just the words become blurred and not clear when I turn up the volume.
It would help if we knew what equipment you have, I'm no expert but it sounds like you are over driving your receivers amp & that is causing distortion.
Since that distortion can damage your speakers I suggest you not crank it up that high!

Last edited by TheMoose; 10-19-2008 at 02:15 PM..
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008   #3

Default Re: Why do my speakers blur at high volume?

The reciever is
Harmon Kardon AVR 146
And the speakers are
(2) Sony - 8" 3-Way Floorstanding Speakers. Model: SSF5000
rundowndream is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
amp, avr146, blur, distort, distorted, distortio, distortion, distorts, door, high, higher, speaker, speakers, volume, volumes