Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Receivers

Receivers Ask your questions on AV receivers ranging from HDMI connectivity to calibration to setup to power ratings and beyond.

Old 09-18-2008   #13

Default Re: Best AV Receiver for Music

If you still want a receiver with all these features AND the best two channel sound, one word: Yamaha. The following receivers have both network capabilities AND a "pure direct" circuit which by-passes all the extraneous circuitry that adds noise to the signal:

RX-Z7
RX-V3800
RX-V3900

http://www.yamaha.com/yec/compare/De...p_items=558316
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008   #14

Smile Re: Best AV Receiver for Music

Try the Arcam receivers for music. They really can't be beat! AVR 280 and the AVR350 Arcam is a company that no matter what the product they produce, they consistantly make stereo sound a top priority. Even with there DVD players all the reviews basically say the same thing. The stereo playback is top notch! If you want any more information on them google it for reviews.
electronicbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008   #15

Wink Re: Best AV Receiver for Music

Onkyo TXNR905 is the best for you considering your inputs. visit www.onkyo.com or onkyousa.com
Lokeshchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #16

MARANTZ!!! for sound quality. Denon for feature set. I find that Marantz has a more 'relaxed' sound than most receivers. They tend to lean a bit toward the warm side, but vocals sound smooth and silky without the sibilance I hear from the likes of Yamaha and Sony. All in all, I've been quite pleased with mine. Marantz may not have all of the bells and whistles (who really wants a bunch of DSP's anyway?) that others may have, but instead seem to understand the importance of high quality sound reproduction for those of us whose theater doubles as our stereo.

Denon's sound to seems to fall in between bright and warm and would be my second choice. I just find them sort of ho-hum. When comparing Denon side by side with Marantz, the Denons seem to have to work harder to reach the same volume levels of the Marantz. I believe that Denon may play the spec game on paper, but don't really deliver the goods. The 105WPC amps in my Marantz receiver hold their own against many separates I've listened to touting higher power output.

One thing for sure is that the overall sound quality of receivers in general has improved dramatically in the last decade. Interaction with acoustic space, speaker dynamics and source electronics probably has a greater effect on overall sound than which receiver you have.

So, now that I probably have you thoroughly confused, go spend an hour with each receiver on your short list and buy the one that you feel delivers the best bang for YOUR buck.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
So, now that I probably have you thoroughly confused, go spend an hour with each receiver on your short list and buy the one that you feel delivers the best bang for YOUR buck.
The sagest advice and one I always give!!!!!! YOU need to live with the choice, so listen for yourself and decide what sounds best to you!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #18

i know your all going to think i'm an idiot,but i cannot see where and how to start a new thread. I want to buy either some used NHT 3.3's or the classic fours and i would prefer to buy just one componet for about 1300 or less that has 5.1 or 7.1 surround and will do these speakers justice.I also mainly listen to music and my choice right now is a marantz SR6003.My only issue with this is that the speakers are 6 ohm and i'm unable to determine if the marantz has impedance switching ability,and if not is this receiver still a viable choice?Or perhaps there is another option for 1300 or less that would work with these speakers better
profchaos71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
2008, audio, av, movies, music, network, only, r772, receiver, receivers, reviews, sherwoodnewcastle, sounding, streaming, top