Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Receivers

Receivers Ask your questions on AV receivers ranging from HDMI connectivity to calibration to setup to power ratings and beyond.

Old 07-05-2008   #13

Default Re: New Receiver Help

Is your denon set up wired or wireless. I didn't know if the wireless speed would mean you get a clear internet radio, or if it would break up and be choppy.

My set up will be 5.1 in the main room with a stereo set up in the living room. Do you see any real benefit in bi-amping the front L & R studio 100s, or is this even possible?
MTIVIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008   #14

Wireless should be fine, IR doesn't use huge bandwidth.

Your receiver will only have seven channels of amps, so you can do the 5.1 and the second zone, you won't have any left over to bi-amp the fronts.

Does it help? Yes, is it worth adding another receiver to do it? Likely not. I went through the bi-amp to tri-amp to fully active, adding amps did make a change, but not like going active.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTIVIN View Post
Is your denon set up wired or wireless. I didn't know if the wireless speed would mean you get a clear internet radio, or if it would break up and be choppy.

My set up will be 5.1 in the main room with a stereo set up in the living room. Do you see any real benefit in bi-amping the front L & R studio 100s, or is this even possible?
I have the 3808ci so it is a wired connection, I have 1 cable from my router going to a hub for all my home theater gear.
Yes bi-amping is possible (you will lose a zone though) but my dealer told me not to bother when I asked about it.
I asked about doing bi-amping with Paradigm studio 20's though, you may get more benefit with the 100's or with the 4308's better amps.

Maybe someone like Kenny will have a better answer to that question.

Edit, I see Kenny just beat me to the answer!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Does it help? Yes, is it worth adding another receiver to do it? Likely not. I went through the bi-amp to tri-amp to fully active, adding amps did make a change, but not like going active.
I re-read my post and wanted to clarify....

I personally run a 5.1 system, so for me, if I have bi-wirable speakers, I will always bi-amp them rather than let the other two channels of amplification go to waste.

If, as it seems in your case you'd need more amps/receivers to do this, I doubt it is worth it, but you will have to decide, try it both ways, and see if it is wrth the extra $$ to you, it is very easy to bi-amp the fronts with most receivers nowadays, but please remember to remove the jumpers when doing this!!!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
100, 3808, denon, mtivin, paradigm, studio