Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Receivers

Receivers Ask your questions on AV receivers ranging from HDMI connectivity to calibration to setup to power ratings and beyond.

Old 06-24-2008   #1

Question SANSUI

In the 70`s, stereo receivers were hot and heavy. They even went through a period of time, where there was a power war. I think when the dust settled, 200 watts per channel I believe, was the highest achieved.

During that time, SANSUI enjoyed some success, and a cult status. Though Pioneer, Technics, JVC, and Onkyo all had there feet in the well, SANSUI always seemed to have the most power, for less money.

Does anyone know, Where is SANSUI?
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008   #2

Default Re: SANSUI

What happened to S.A.E. too, they were very good receivers from the 80's, but they too have disappeared.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008   #3

Check this out:

http://www.sansui.us/Today_Beyond.htm

I owned a Sansui receiver for about a week back in '76. I traded it in on a Tandberg. The Sansui had a faulty volume control.

My brother came back from 'Nam in '72 with a Sansui setup using a Teac 4010 reel to reel. I loved that thing!
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
Check this out:

http://www.sansui.us/Today_Beyond.htm

I owned a Sansui receiver for about a week back in '76. I traded it in on a Tandberg. The Sansui had a faulty volume control.

My brother came back from 'Nam in '72 with a Sansui setup using a Teac 4010 reel to reel. I loved that thing!
That most have been awesome. And back then, all I wanted was a Tandberg or Studer/Revox reel to reel.!!
Old 06-26-2008   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
What happened to S.A.E. too, they were very good receivers from the 80's, but they too have disappeared.
Yes kenny, S.A.E. was excellent. I sold there amps and receivers with Infinity speakers at my first audio sales job, Sam Goodys. I wound up getting a S.A.E. receiver for my sisters first real system. She loved it.

I don`t know what happened to them either. Really nice stuff, and good pricing. Dealers were limited though.
Sponsored Links

Tags
4010, button, forum, happened, kensansui, owners, quote, receiver, receivers, sae, sansui, speakersonkyo, stereo, teac, volume, wwwsansui