Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Receivers

Receivers Ask your questions on AV receivers ranging from HDMI connectivity to calibration to setup to power ratings and beyond.

Old 06-14-2008   #1

Angry Pioneer Elite

I have a Pioneer Elite vsx92txh receiver, randomly it just completely freezes up, cannot even shut it down. I have to unplug the main power source and then it will reboot. Talked to the service dealer who says since it is random he has no idea. Its only six months old. HELP
gusirani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008   #2

Default Re: Pioneer Elite

Random failure usually means something is going, but not yet totally gone, and is very difficult if not impossible to diagnose, I would return it to the dealer or Pioneer and keep good records.

Make sure you tell them how long it is on for, and be VERY descriptive with a detailed narrative of the problem when you send it back (as I doubt a dealer will take it back after 6 months!). You very well might find, unless they really just send you a new one, that it may happen again if they replace the wrong part (sorry to be a harbinger of doom, but as these are extremely difficult, if not impossible to diagnose, it can and often does happen!).

This is why I would keep very good documentation as if it drags on, you might go past your warrantee.....
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008   #3

I had a similar intermittent problem like this with an Elite VSX-45tx 4 or 5 years back when we were living in apartments. I remember deciding the pioneer was having problems with the poor ac power we were having in the apts. We had brown outs and black outs almost on a daily basis. Every since we left the apts., we never had this problem again with the pioneer.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008   #4

i have the same receiver having the same problems. i have emailed pioneer and waiting a response. it does it quite often.
brishyqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008   #5

I got hold of Pioneer tech support, they have a technical service bulletin out and they replace the resonator and update the frameware software
gusirani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008   #6

did tech support give you the tsb# and frameware version. it would be useful when mine goes to the repair shop
brishyqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
09, av, elite, forum, forums, pioneer, power, price, receiver, sc, sound, support, tech, threads, unplug