Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Receivers

Receivers Ask your questions on AV receivers ranging from HDMI connectivity to calibration to setup to power ratings and beyond.

Old 01-29-2008   #7

Default Re: Upgrading Receiver

I recently purchased the Yamaha RX-V3800 and I'm very happy with it so far.

I directly compared it to the Denon 3808ci. In the show room, at the same volume, with the same music and with both receivers in pure or direct modes I enjoyed the sound of the Yamaha over the Denon. To my ears they both sounded good with the Denon's sound being a little more upfront and "there" but the Yamaha seemed warmer and cleaner. I'm talking small differences here but noticeable to me. Obviously I took to the latter sound. Although I'm not a fan of Onkyo because of their looks and tendency to run Very hot, the models in my price range got excellent reviews.

Hope I offered some insight, good luck with your choice. Listen, listen, listen.
mvision7m2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008   #8

Default Re: Upgrading Receiver

Great advice to "listen, listen, listen"

There is too much BS out there today and too many "experts" who have an avaitar and think they are the next Harry Pearson.

Trust your ears. They are what counts.

If you find a bottle of $11 wine you like - it IS GOOD despite the price because YOU LIKE IT. Same with receivers!!!!

j
Old 02-21-2008   #9

Talking Re: Upgrading Receiver

Ooops, there it is!!!!
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
77, 78, audio, dtr, dtr77, dtr78, integra, offer, onkyo, receiver, reciever, review, software, sr805, upgrading, vs