Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Receivers

Receivers Ask your questions on AV receivers ranging from HDMI connectivity to calibration to setup to power ratings and beyond.

Old 02-12-2008   #7

Default Re: Denon 3808 video probs???

Did you assign the TV/Cab input an HDMI input in the Denon menu? It's your box most likely? Swap the same HDMI cable coming from the disc player to your cable box leaving it on the same input on the Denon what do you get?
Sharp 1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by andytk5 View Post
Also is the pure direct mode on the Denon for the uncompressed lossless track on blurays?
No, it's for 2 channel playback. Not being a smart ass but read the manual! I've read it at least a half dozen times already always finding something new I skipped over! Good luck
Sharp 1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008   #9

OK guys I switched out my POS Comcast box with a DVR P.O.S Comcast box adn the video passes fine with the HDMI. I think the picture on the comcast box probably sucks but whatever. Some shows look good, some look really horrible and this is all the HD channels.

OK, so when you let the Bluray decode the Uncompressed track and send it out PCM through the HDMI are you using the PCM (multi channel) or the modes listed on page 41 in the box listed under Direct Playback next to the PCM(multi ch) box? Just wondering what you guys are selecting? I'm pretty sure your supposed to use the multi channel option.
Thanks
Old 02-12-2008   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by andytk5 View Post
I have my blu-ray hdmi and my HDcable box DVI-HDMI cables running into the amp. The bluray passes fine but when I try to switch to TV/CBL it is giving me problems and the picture won't pass though. Could this be do to the fact the Cable box has the old DVI video output?
Who's your cable company? I just performed an install at a friends home and the problem was the HD DVR box, and this was hdmi to hdmi! Cox told my friend to wait for the new box to come out this summer (they didn't have any in our area yet).
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
I can tell you I have my Playstation 3 & my DirecTV HR20 going into the 3808 with HDMI & have no problems.

Like Kenny said check the settings in the cable box because I'd think if it was passing the Blu-Ray it should pass the cable if it's setup right.
Hi,

I have the same set up 3808 with the PS3 and HR20. Could you tell me what your settings are on the HR20 and the 3808. I just got my 3808 and I am confused.

I seem to have to select TV/cable to get it to pick up the sat receiver. I think this is because that the satellite input on the 3808 looks for a component connection and not an HDMI.

Should I have my HR20 in native? Do I set up the 3808 to do pass through. Will the 3808 upscale any SD D*tv channels?
clemdogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
3808, blu, board, denon, direct, dvi, hdmi, mode, pass, pure, ray, stream, streaming, switching, video