Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Receivers

Receivers Ask your questions on AV receivers ranging from HDMI connectivity to calibration to setup to power ratings and beyond.

Old 12-29-2007   #7

Default Re: Everything through HDMI output?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cada0310 View Post
Thanks for all your input...what do you think of this unit?

http://av.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelI...athId=5&page=1

From what I can see, it does all transcoding to a single HDMI output, which would be perfect for me. Also, it's not so massive as the other receivers - probably meaning it has less power, but I'd think 100W/channel would be plenty for me.

Looks like I can get it for around $450.
I'd get a unit that was capable of the newer audio formats. Is that last years model? I only ask because you can get it for nearly half of its MSRP. I'd also want HDMI 1.3 inputs.

The Denons are all HDMI 1.3 inputs.

The Onkyo site is up now:

http://www.us.onkyo.com/model.cfm?m=...s=Receiver&p=i

That model there does everything you need with a $599 MSRP. You should be able to find a deal for it. In fact Crutchfield has it for $469. That is right around $450 and it is a receiver that is fully ready for the future a better investment. Plus it likely sounds better than the JVC too.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #8

Ok, I picked up the Onkyo for $429:

http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-TX-SR605.../dp/B000OBLARC

In 3-5 days, I'll have it to check out!

Thanks again to everyone for all their help - I'm really glad I found this forum...you guys responded quickly and pleasantly.

Chris
cada0310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #9

Tough to beat that at the price, might even be impossible. Post back once you have it and let us know what you think of it!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
360, audio, channel, component, hdmi, inputs, output, point, receiver, reciever, single, sites, sound, video, xbox