Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Receivers

Receivers Ask your questions on AV receivers ranging from HDMI connectivity to calibration to setup to power ratings and beyond.

Old 01-03-2008   #13

Default Re: IS IT HYPE FOR RECEIVERS OVER $1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
i AGREE. bUT i DO BELIEVE THAT THESE HIGHER END RECEIVERS ARE DOING A NICE JOB OF FILLING THE BILL. cONSIDERING PRICE, PERFORMANCE, FLEXIBILITY, AND EASE OF USE. Oops, sorry about the caps guys.

Now, no one is comparing them to the likes of Meridian, Mark Levinson, Mcintosh etc. But hey, give them there props. What are the big boys doing, or as I mentioned earlier, what are the Esoteric companies doing right now? If you want the latest in connectivity and flexibility with HDMI, 1.3, Dolby Master, DTS, inputs and outputs, you must go receiver. While you wait for the Esoteric companies to catch up.

That should not be given the level of performance and pricing that they are at. That should be a demand, that at that level of equipment, no holds barred attack, everything should be there.

My two cents.
It appears NAD is releasing Receivers that you'll just have to get upgraded with the Cirrus Chips when they can get them!!! So they're making Modular Receivers which is actually pretty dang cool and makes purchasing them a lot easier knowing you can upgrade it in the future.

The big thing is the lack of Cirrus Chips.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
It appears NAD is releasing Receivers that you'll just have to get upgraded with the Cirrus Chips when they can get them!!! So they're making Modular Receivers which is actually pretty dang cool and makes purchasing them a lot easier knowing you can upgrade it in the future.

The big thing is the lack of Cirrus Chips.
Yes, that is a cool thing NAD is doing. And I read the the thread on the chips. But, I still think the the Esoteric companies need to do a better job. There you are sitting at home with your 800 series Meridian, waiting for an update, and your neighbor is enjoying his Onkyo, Denon, NAD, Sunfire receiver!!! TODAY!
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
Yes, that is a cool thing NAD is doing. And I read the the thread on the chips. But, I still think the the Esoteric companies need to do a better job. There you are sitting at home with your 800 series Meridian, waiting for an update, and your neighbor is enjoying his Onkyo, Denon, NAD, Sunfire receiver!!! TODAY!
Well Meridian has an answer and I hope it will be at CES.

Otherwise I'll just wait impatiently until CEDIA.
Old 01-03-2008   #16

Lotus,

I hope a lot of high end folks come out with 'current' pre/pros, but i doubt they will be really available until later ing 2008. Just my pessimism maybe, but I suspect we will have to wait some more for the high end companies to catch up, as we always have!

In the mean time I have been rocking the house with my Meridian gear and my Esoteric DV-50s all on the new rack and man my rig sounds so damn good! I know, some would say I could get close to that performance with the new receivers, but I am not getting rid of my separates any time soon!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Lotus,

I hope a lot of high end folks come out with 'current' pre/pros, but i doubt they will be really available until later ing 2008. Just my pessimism maybe, but I suspect we will have to wait some more for the high end companies to catch up, as we always have!

In the mean time I have been rocking the house with my Meridian gear and my Esoteric DV-50s all on the new rack and man my rig sounds so damn good! I know, some would say I could get close to that performance with the new receivers, but I am not getting rid of my separates any time soon!
I don't care if all I see is a unit that is hollow on the inside!

I just want to see specs and estimated price.
Sponsored Links

Tags
1000, 3800, arcam, av, denon, etronics, loudspeaker, match, outlaw, pioneer, quality, receiver, receivers, rxv1800, sound, yamaha