Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Rear Projection HDTV (http://www.avrev.com/forum/rear-projection-hdtv-21/)
-   -   Mitsubishi 65" and DVD HD players (http://www.avrev.com/forum/rear-projection-hdtv/913-mitsubishi-65-dvd-hd-players.html)

KenSmith 10-20-2007 10:34 AM

Mitsubishi 65" and DVD HD players

I have a 3 year old Mitsubishi 65" Diamond HDTV. I want to buy a HD DVD player. The TV is only capable of 480P and 1080i. I am using Direct TV HD (hdmi) receiver. My TV only has RGB and DVR inputs. So I use a HDMI to DVR cable and also thr RGB. I understand I can not receive or play 1080P. So what is the best HD DVD player for my system? And, will a HD DVD player upconvert regular DVDs for my system? I don't want to buy a high end HD DVD player if my TV will not support it but I would like a good fit.

Thanks,

Ken

JerryDelColliano 10-23-2007 10:37 AM

Re: Mitsubishi 65" and DVD HD players

You should get the latest 1080p units. They load faster, have better firmware and are generally more stable.

PLUS they aren't all that expensive.

j

KenSmith 10-23-2007 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano (Post 4736)
You should get the latest 1080p units. They load faster, have better firmware and are generally more stable.

PLUS they aren't all that expensive.

j

Jerry,

Sorry for being so uninformed when it comes to this stuff but we don't watch a lot of DVDs and load time means nothing to me. I am looking for the quality I can get out of my current TV which I will be keeping for the next 5 years at least. If firmware makes a big difference and stability for my TV, then I will pay the extra $100 for the A30 VS A3. But if it is not a big deal, I can rent a lot of DVDs for the $100 saved.

Thanks!

JerryDelColliano 10-23-2007 03:24 PM

Firmware for HD DVD

Firmware can be uploaded easily. Burn a DVD on your PC and stick it in the drawer of your HD DVD player and BAM you are done.

If you are not worried about load time and having 1080p under the hood - get the most basic of players.

You will LOVE the image on your Mitsu. I gurantee it - ESPECIALLY on the newer titles.

KenSmith 10-23-2007 04:15 PM

Re: Firmware for HD DVD

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano (Post 4762)
Firmware can be uploaded easily. Burn a DVD on your PC and stick it in the drawer of your HD DVD player and BAM you are done.

If you are not worried about load time and having 1080p under the hood - get the most basic of players.

You will LOVE the image on your Mitsu. I gurantee it - ESPECIALLY on the newer titles.

Thank you very much. I love my Mitsubishi 65" and the HD I receive on it now with Direct TV is amazing. I don't need to upgrade, my vision isn't that good anyway but sure like watching football in HD! Thanks again.

deacongreg 10-25-2007 01:20 PM

Enjoy KenSmith, enjoy!!!!