Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Rear Projection HDTV

Rear Projection HDTV Post about DLP, D-ILA, LCOS, SXRD and more.

Old 10-27-2007   #7

Default Re: Mitsubishi 65" and DVD HD players

Ken you can use the 1080i component input on your Mits. HD DVD looks look great from any of the current HD DVD players. If you do not have a 1080p display, go with a Toshiba A2 for around $198. The A3 may load a bit faster but the sweet deals are on the A2.

As for upconversion, that will not be possible unless you have a HDMI input. For upconversion you could always look into an Oppo player. They are pretty cheap as well.
TracyRainH2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyRainH2o View Post
Ken you can use the 1080i component input on your Mits. HD DVD looks look great from any of the current HD DVD players. If you do not have a 1080p display, go with a Toshiba A2 for around $198. The A3 may load a bit faster but the sweet deals are on the A2.

As for upconversion, that will not be possible unless you have a HDMI input. For upconversion you could always look into an Oppo player. They are pretty cheap as well.
I was told upconversion would be ok with the HDMI to DVI adapter? My HD TV has DVI in. Is that not true? I just purchased the Toshiba HD A3 today from Sears. I won't open the box if it will not upconvert. I wan the best I can get for playing DVDs and if it doesn't upconvert, I don't want it.
KenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007   #9

That should work to the limits of the 1080i your TV does.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007   #10

If you have DVI then yes. Sorry, I assumed you had something like the 65711.
TracyRainH2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
That should work to the limits of the 1080i your TV does.
Ok, I am confused. I have DVI input on my 1080i HD TV and RGB also. My current DVD player is connected with Component RGB from DVD to the TV Component IN. There is a coaxial from the DVD to my Marantz SR6400 AV Surround Receiver. Them My Direct HDTV Receiver has Both Component and HDMI. The HDMI has a DVI adapter and is in use I assume to the TV DVI IN. But it also has the Component RGB 3 wires plus 2 (red&white) going to the TV. So I guess everything runs through the Direct TV HD Receiver? Do I just swap my current DVD player connections with the new HD DVD player using the same connections? The Direct TV HD does have the HDMI out so maybe that is why all is run through it?
KenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007   #12

You could run 1080i either by component or HDMI to DVI-D cables/adaptors. The two cables to the TV (red/white) you refer to are I assume are only so someone can watch and listen to the TV without the use of the receiver, if you always use the receiver, they are unnecessary. If you do not have two DVI connectors on your set, you could add a DVI switcher pretty cheaply..... This would allow you to run digital video to the display, if I am right in my assumption (with no model # I can't be sure, but I think the Mitsu TV you have is a fixed pixel display (non CRT which I suspect it is at three years old) you will benefit from not having the video go from digital (source) to analog (component) into the TV, then back to digital (to display) Just like your computer monitors, you want a digital connection to minimize conversion problems.

Let me know if you want to go this route, I have some lying around not likely to ever see use in my system again.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
1080i, 2000, 65, diamond, dvd, firmware, forum, hd, hdtv, mitsubishi, players, projection, tv, update, year